|Douma| Midnight

"There he is," you silently fangirl from the corner of the room, "Master Douma."

You stared at him dreamily. "You know you can talk to him, right?" A fellow member said to you.

"Me? Talk to him? No way," you began walking back, "not in a thousand years." You glance back at Douma being surrounded by people, smiling as you left. "Seeing him already made my day."

"Yeah, but what if you can have more?" They said. You gave them a questioned look. "More?"

"You know, talking, hanging out—"

"Like those people? Can't they take a hint that Master Douma needs space sometimes?" You intervene.

Their eyes widen, "oh." You felt a chill run up on your spine. "What?"

"You don't perhaps have other feelings for our leader, right?"

"Uhm... n—"

"You don't mind if he marries, right?"

"..."

"You don't mind if it's me, right?" You stared at the floor. The thought of Douma being married to another woman made you furious and sad.

They suddenly laugh out loud while smacking your arm. "Relax Y/N! I know you love him. I mean, why would you even join us? You're a non-believer—"

Covering their mouth before anyone can hear, you shook their head. "Keep quiet!" you scanned the area to see if there's anyone around before pulling them inside one of the rooms.

"Look," you stared at them, "I joined here because I want to help my sister. Not to... not... to..." You interlocked eyes with a certain someone from the door's small crack.

"Oh sorry! Am I interrupting something?" A happy voice said.

"Nothing, Master Douma," both of you said in unison.

They gave you a mischievous smirk. "Ah, I remember I have to take care of something. Oh no, this room is getting too stuffy for me I gotta—" They sprinted for the door, leaving only you and Douma inside.

There was an awkward silence before you cleared your throat. "E-Excuse you—I mean, me, Master Douma. But I think the others are looking for you—"

"They can wait," his voice was dangerously low. You gulped as you tried to tame the beast inside you. Douma started to walk closer to you, making you more nervous in each step. "I-Isn't it rude to make them wait?" He was already standing in front of you.

"But didn't you just said I need some space sometimes?" Your eyes widen. "I know everything that goes around here, Y/N," he said, "everything." His eyes trailed all over your body. Part of you wanted this, the other is searching for the cheerful Douma you've always known.

"Tonight, midnight," he said, you realized he was already at the doorway. "I'll be waiting, Y/N."

You clutched your chest, trying to steady the beating of your heart.

"What was that?" you turned to see the other member. "Damn Y/N, I never knew—"

"Shut up," you walked past them. They frowned. "Did he scold you? Did I make things worse? I'm sorry—"

"I need to get ready for tonight," you winked and they instantly got the message.

"Well don't overdo it. I heard he's a monster," they smirked.

"Oh you have no idea," you replied, completely oblivious to your inevitable death that awaits.

To be continued...