|Giyuu| Consequences

WARNING: A bit of spoilers for those who still haven't read Chapter 200.

"See?" Y/N showed a slightly torn picture to Giyuu. "This is you. See this? This is where we had our first date."

He stared at the photo, searching for things to help him remember. Giyuu pushed her hand away as he held his head, feeling a sharp pain.

"You don't have to force yourself to remember..."

Y/N could see droplets falling on his knees. Putting the photo away, she pulled him close, making sure not to hurt his injuries. "Each day," he cried, "ever since that day, I start to remember less... Less of you, less of me..."

"Your memories will return, don't worry," Y/N sobbed. "The doctor said this is just an effect of—" she held her tongue from uttering his name. She can't risk triggering another outburst. "We can get through this together."

Y/N felt him pulled her closer, his breath shaking with every word he whispers. "What if one day, I'll completely forget about you? Forget about us?"

Y/N merely excused the thought, whispering sweet nothings in his ears, murmuring encouragement when she, herself, fears the day will inevitably come.

And it did.

Y/N could barely hold back her tears as he bombarded her with questions, treating her as if she's an intruder in their own home.

"Do I know you?"
"What are you doing here?"
"I'm sorry but I don't know who you are."

There were even times where they had to separate, usually, Y/N would live with Kanao for a while or other former pillars would hold back raging Giyuu who sees his wife as a demon.

"What the hell is wrong with you--that's your wife!" Uzui held him back. He lifted him up to avoid hitting other people, especially Y/N, who already had bruises forming on her limbs. 

"Kill Muzan! Don't slow down! We have to--" he was swiftly knocked out by one of Uzui's wives. It took a while for him to calm down, being pinned on the ground and locked in his room, still mumbling breath styles he did before. 

"You're really gonna go and live like this?" Uzui sat down beside Y/N, scratch marks were visible in his arms. "He's a danger to you, you know. And there's a small possibility he'll completely recover."

"I can't... I can't leave him. After what happened, I can't give up now."

Uzui could only sigh, watching his friend being bandaged by his wife, ignoring the thud upstairs. "Well, if that's what you want then can you give me a moment with him?" Y/N looked up, worriedness evident in her eyes. "I'm not gonna hurt him. That's not flamboyant."

"Ow!" The pan fell on the ground with a loud 'clang!' splattering boiling oil everywhere. Giyuu could feel the droplets burn on his legs as he frantically races for the sink and turning the stove off.

"What happened?" Y/N stood at the doorway with her disheveled hair, eyes wide yet sleepy.

"Don't!" Giyuu warned. Y/N jumped back, getting ready to call for help before he would go berserk again. "You might burn yourself!"

He's not... 

"But you're hurt!"

"It's fine," he waved her off. "I'm just not used in cooking with one arm."

Y/N carefully hopped on the floor, keeping a safe distance away from him. "Just let me cook. You can rest upstairs--"

"I can handle it!" he boomed, sighing a second later. "I can handle it... I need to." It was the only time Y/N could finally see he was cooking her favorite meal. "It's the least I could do after..."

"You remember my favorite food?" tears stung in her eyes, but this time, it wasn't because of pain or sadness.

"I don't remember who you are, but I remember I love you."