|Giyuu| Hugs [Fluff]

"You look happy today, Giyuu," Mitsuri greeted the moment he entered the room. "Y/N's coming back today from their mission?"

He only nodded in reply. His lover was away for almost half a month with Uzui and his wives accompanying them. He could barely keep himself from running at the door whenever someone enters.

Shinazugawa jumped when their faces were inches away. "What the hell." A chill went up to his spine.

"Are you looking for Y/N?" a kakushi asked. The moment those words left their mouth, they hid behind the love pillar. "I-I saw them arriving at the gates with the sound pillar." Silently thanking them Giyuu wasted no time heading over the gates.

His heart fluttered when he heard a burst of familiar laughter he's been missing for a long time. He turned sharply to a corner, only to see Uzui holding his wife, Hinatsuru, and Y/N on each shoulder. "I'm so high," Y/N chuckled. "Weeeee~"

"Oi, hold still. You might fall," Uzui warned. His grip tightens around Y/N's leg, securing them in place. Giyuu watched the three walk away. Even from afar, he could still hear his lover's laugh echoing in the hallways.

'She was happy all this time?' he mindlessly wandered back inside the garden.

"Tomioka, you seem... Did something happened?" Concern was written all over Mitsuri's face.

Sanemi just ignored the sight. "Must've been a false alarm."

"Yeah," he agreed, much to the wind pillar's surprise. "Must've been my imagination."

Mitsuri sighed. Seeing her friend's eyes light up and they left only to come back gloomy was aching her heart. "I have an idea," she suggested. "Why don't you give them a surprise gift at home? That would be lovely."

"I'm not even sure what they like," he replied. Giyuu thought of Y/N coming home, they always run up to him in a tight hug followed by a kiss. He thanked her for the advice, already leaving to find a simple yet thoughtful gift.

On his way out, he saw Makio pulling Suma. "Oh, Giyuu did you see--" he sharply turned around and walked the other way. "...Tengen. What's up with him?" Makio asked.

"Man period, maybe," Suma whispered back.

He sighed. There were so many yet so few things Y/N would love. They would always come out of nowhere. "Flowers?" He thought out loud, passing by a window where the large garden can be seen.

"Please, Shinazugawa," a familiar voice spoke. Giyuu had to step back to see Y/N pulling his comrade's arm. "Pleaaaase I'll buy you ohagi for a week. Please!" The sight of his lover, who's hands was wrapped around someone else's body made his head a bit dizzy, not to mention the heavy feeling in his chest.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Sanemi groaned. "Alright, alright! Come here," he pulled their face closer. Giyuu couldn't last more than a second seeing the two.

The darkening sky was perfect to hide his watering eyes as he pushes by other demon slayers. The Corps was suffocating, and the arms he's been waiting for so long to hold was being held by another.

"T-Tomioka?" Mitusri softly spoke. She watch her usually calm friend burst out of the door. Something wasn't right. Following her instincts, she found herself in the garden, starting to understand what happened.

---

"Giyuu?" Y/N called out the moment they entered their home. "Sweetheart, I'm home!" The place was dark and eerie. They were used to see him sitting in a chair with his arms open wide for them to jump in. "I brought souvenirs," they yelled again, hiding a small box behind their back.

Checking in each room, they found no sign of him. Which was impossible since there have been rumors of him running out of the Corps. Y/N saw a stray of light from the bathroom. Peeking inside, he was hunched over by the sink, a white substance in hand. "Sweetheart, what are you doing?"

Giyuu visibly flinched. He didn't notice they were there. He quickly splashed his face with water to hide the tears. "I was... fixing myself."

"Fixing...?"

Giyuu could feel his tears building up again. And the heavy pain in his chest wasn't helping. "I saw you earlier, a few moments after you arrived," he muttered. "You seem busy with Uzui, so I didn't bother. I thought you were about to report your recent mission..."

Y/N was about to explain but bit their lip. It was clear their lover was in pain. "Then I saw you with Shinazugawa, you look too happy." His voice cracked. Droplets were falling onto the sink but he moved away when Y/N tried to step closer. "I miss you. I miss you so, so much. But why did you kiss him?"

"I can explain..." they softly spoke. "I didn't know you were there but I can explain, sweetheart--"

Giyuu slowly sat down. The white substance in his hand was slowly falling onto the floor. "I thought you liked muscular guys with white hair, so I thought I should fix myself," he cried. He could feel their fingers slowly running in his hair, pulling his head to their shoulder. He was so much in pain, but god how he missed this.

"When I came back, I was hit by a poison dart. It made me and Hinatsuru hallucinate and we had to go to Shinobu for an antidote," they explained. "And I heard from a kakushi that you were looking for me, so I went to the garden but you weren't there. I figured Shinazugawa knows something."

Giyuu slowly stopped crying. "You did?"

"I also didn't kiss him. He whispered to me that you were looking, and you went to buy something so also got something for you in return," they added, showing the small box to him. "It's almost winter, so I brought you a scarf."

He slowly opened the box with his free hand. It was a simple blue scarf with waves embroidered on. "You got a cold after you tried to stop Muzan last winter, right?"

"Sorry," he mumbled after a moment. "I just missed you a lot. I thought you found someone else these past few weeks."

"I was gone for a week and you think I have a thing with white-haired muscular guys?" Y/N couldn't help but laugh at the thought. "I love you as the way you are, you don't these to 'fix' yourself." They wiped off the hair dye in his hand. "Now, where's my hug?"