|Kyojuro| Cute Part 2 [Fluff]

Summary: Kyojuro being a try-hard daddy (NO. NOT THAT KIND).

"Kyojuro, sweetie, I know you're tired but could you please put the baby to sleep?" You gave your husband a sweet grin, holding up a basket of food for dinner.

You expect him to whine, or just complain about his injuries. He's been resting in your house after his fight with the Upper moon 3 and god knows how thankful you are for him to survive such battle.

Reminiscing about the night you heard the news, you jumped a little, surprised to see him already in front of you, kissing your forehead. "Anything for my little angel," he smiled.

From afar, your child giggles, raising his arms for his father to pick him up. "I already fed him. Just rock him to sleep. It'll be quick," you instructed before disappearing in the kitchen.

"Honey," Kyojuro sweatdropped. "I... I don't know how..."

You could tell he was nervous. He was already stiff just holding his son. But who could blame him? He was always away from work, even when you had the baby. "Sing a lullaby."

"I don't know any..."

You glance at the stove. It was almost over-boiling. "Just think of anything, sweetie. Just be gentle." With that, you ignored him, focusing your attention back on cooking.

Kyojuro went back to the living room, still unsure what to do with his son. Looking at the baby, it was nearly a carbon copy of him, minus the chubby cheeks and sleepy eyes. A tear escaped from his eye, softly kissing his son's forehead. "Daddy loves you so much."

Little did he know, you were peeking from the kitchen, admiring the rare sight of the two boys you love. You stifled a laugh when the baby started crying.

Panicking, Kyojuro lulled the baby, swinging him side to side. "Let's get down to business," he rather loudly sang. "To defeat the Huns!"

"Honey, I said sing him to sleep not train him," you chuckled. The baby was crying louder, getting more irritated. You motioned for the baby, which Kyojuro sadly give.

"There, there," you cooed, instantly calming him down. "Where the north wind meets the sea. There's a river full of memories~" Your heard small sniffles, and it wasn't the baby. Kyojuro had overtaken the kitchen, a gloomy aura emitting from him.

That's what you get for being away all the time, you thought.

Kyojuro was staring at you throughout dinner. He hasn't been energetic, and you weren't sure if it was because the baby's asleep, or he's jealous that you get the attention of his child all the time.

"Ok. What is up with you?" You set down your bowl after eating.

"Nothing."

"Yeah right," you sighed. "I know you better than that, Kyojuro." He flinched when he heard you call him by his name instead of 'honey.' It was a signal that you were serious. And god knows how much he dreads you calling him by his last name. You were scarier than any demon he faced.

"Can we talk outside?" he asked, quickly finishing his bream. You only nodded in reply. Whatever he wanted to talk about, it was important.

You waited by the tree he always used to train. Kyojuro offered to wash the dishes, saying you go outside. "Y/N," he spoke. You nearly slapped him away for surprising you like that.

"Y-Yes?" You watch him sat beside you, chin resting on his hand. He's never been this serious before.

"I'm pretty sure I'm already healed, and tomorrow's my rest day before I get back to work," he stated. You held your breath, waiting for him to continue. "Y/N, allow me this one time..."

"W-What?"

Kyojuro's serious expression immediately melted in a pouting one. "Let me play with the baby," he cried. "I want to spend some time with him before I go, of course with you, too, but--but--" he was slowly losing it again. You watch him fidget before bursting out laughing.

"I get it, I get it--" you said in between laughs. "You really are cute, you know that?"

"I thought I told you I'm not cute," he replied, chuckling. "God... I'm the luckiest man alive."

"Because you survived upper moon 3?" you blurted. "Don't ever be careless like that again. Or so hold me Rengoku--"

"I would never," he panicked. Taking your hand and rubbing it with his thumb to calm you down. "I got the best wife, even if Uzui got 3. I'm so lucky to have you," he thought out loud. "Oh, and the baby. Let's not forget the baby."