|Obanai| Check Up Part 1

Note: This takes place when Iguro isn't a pillar yet. Also, this was written before his past was revealed. 

"And make sure to take your medicine, ok?" The little girl nodded, clutching her teddy bear tighter. "Good. You may go. Next," you called out.

A head peeked from your door, you noticed its eyes are two different colors. Taking a glance at your papers you recognized him. "Iguro Obanai, right? Please come in."

He hesitantly stepped inside. "A-Ah, sorry," you said. "But pets aren't allowed in here," and I'm deathly terrified of snakes, you continued in your thought.

"Kaburamaru needs to be with me," Obanai replied. You searched through your drawers for any temporary containers.

"In that case, can you put him in this case?" You chuckled at yourself. "No pun intended."

The snake seems to understand and proceeds to slither inside the small box, reminding you to burn the box later.

"So," you scan through your documents, "it says here that you were poisoned recently. And the symptoms are...?"

"Sore throat," he croaked. You nodded, writing it on a blank paper. "Anything else?" You were on his scaly skin.

He shook his head.

"Well, since your usual doctor is out I'm Dr. L/N, although you can call me Y/N—"

"Let's just get this over with."

You cleared your throat, standing up. "Alright. Please remove your mask."

He stiffened for a moment, getting a bit red. "Is it really necessary?"

"Well there's no other way to check your throat, right?" You heard hissing on the side, seeing the snake aiming at you. "It'll be for a moment."

He slowly took off the bandages. You bit your lip from squealing. He's such a cutie!

"Say kyah—I mean, ah." You mentally slapped yourself. You were a bit taken back when you saw his tongue. It was just like a snake.

"Inborn," Obanai said. He must've noticed you gawking at this tongue. You muttered an apology before checking his throat, moments before his companion lunged at you.

You jumped back in surprise, knocking a few stacks of paper on your desk. "Sorry," he said, picking up his snake, "Kaburamaru must've thought you're attacking me."

"Clearly," you breathed.

"I suggest taking off that mask," Obanai stated. You shot him a confused look. "That surgical mask. Kaburamaru probably thinks you're an assassin."

"Excuse me, but I'm a doctor. I'm supposed to wear this," you pointed at your facemask.

He clicked his tongue. "I took off my mask, now take off yours," he growled, the snake on his neck hissing at the same time.

You slowly pulled down your mask, smiling a bit in hopes to calm down the threatening snake. "Happy now?"

Obanai was redder than before. He scoffed, "whatever. Just— just do your thing and hurry up."

You check his throat, a good few inches away from the glaring serpent's attack range. After a while, you hid back in your desk. "I don't think this is a symptom from the poison."

He looks at his pet, both of them stared at each other in confusion. "What?"

"What poisoned you exactly?" Obanai blinked a few times before pointing to his pet. You immediately understand the situation.

"Have you eaten or drink anything lately?" You asked. He remained silent so you bombarded him with a more detailed question. "What do you usually drink?" He was looking everywhere except at you. You snapped your fingers in front of him.

"I-I don't know," he quickly replied, face red, before mumbling something. "Why are you asking me that anyway?"

"You see, Kabubu—"

"Kaburamaru," he corrected.

"Kaburamaru," you sighed, "he isn't those venomous kind of snake. And the reaction resulted in your swollen tonsils. In other words, you ate something you're allergic to."

He nodded, taking in the information. "I suggest taking the natural way to cure it. Do you drink coffee or tea?"

"Are you asking me out?"

"That's—That's not what I meant, I—" You used your stack of paper to cover your mouth in embarrassment, completely forgetting your hanging facemask. Obanai was equally red.

He quickly stood up, apologizing before sprinting to the door.

"Wait!" You mentally slapped yourself again. What are you going to say, idiot?

"I have a day off tomorrow," you mumbled. He peeked from the door. "Maybe we could discuss ways to... heal your throat over coffee?"

Obanai nodded. "Tomorrow?"

To be continued...

Fun Fact: His snake's name is really Kaburamaru.