|Giyuu| Eat [Fluff]

Can you forgive the unforgivable?

"Tomioka," you called out. Giyuu shortly glances at you before returning his gaze to the lake.

"Put it by the rock," he ordered. You hesitantly lay the tray of food.

"You haven't eaten in a while." He stayed motionless. You thought of a very idiotic idea; feeding Giyuu yourself.

You gingerly grabbed the bowl of soup and bread, making your way to Giyuu with a wide smile. "Tomioka~! Eat—" in a flash, he grabbed the food from your hands. "—up."

He mumbled a small 'thank you' before motioning for you to leave. You figured out he's going to throw away his meal the moment you leave so you thought of another idea.

"You see, I need to bring back the tray and bowl so, you know, they can wash it?" You said.

"Then bring it back. I'm not hungry," he put back the food into the tray. It was clear to you that he has been starving himself for days.

"Giyuu, please..." you step closer.

"Leave. I hate speaking, so don't talk to me," he spat. You wanted to run and cry right there and then yet you stayed. You were adamant to help him. Without another word, you stood beside him, gazing at the same lake.

He clicked his tongue in annoyance. "I just wrote a letter to the former water pillar." You noticed his small response so you continued. "I didn't say much. I just informed him how you've been, since you failed to do that yourself."

"Didn't I say I hate talking—"

"And I never said you have to talk, but here we are," you smirked. He glared at the calm water. "He's been worried—I have been worried Giyuu. It's not your fault."

"What do you know?" he hissed. "You weren't there. You didn't know what happened. Don't talk as if—"

"You're not the only one who's hurting!" You screamed so loud it echoed. You were breathing heavily. "'Don't talk as if you know everything?' is that what you wanted to say? Well, don't act so sad as if it's was your blood that died!"

He was now looking straight into your eyes. Tears were falling so hard you could barely make out anything. "You're not the only one who cried. You're not the only one who's hurting. Master Urokodaki and I are here for you! Why can't you understand that you don't have to shoulder it all--" Giyuu pulled you close and rubbed your hair. The action made you cry harder as you clutch to him.

"Sorry," his voice broke. You realized he, too, was crying. He hugged you to prevent seeing him in such a state.

"Giyuu..." you tried pulling away.

"It's just..." he buried his face on your shoulder. You patted his back, letting him know you're there.

"If only Sabito could see you right now, he'd be proud," You said. "I mean look how strong you are." You traced the familiar pattern your cousin used to wear.

"I am not worthy," he croaked.

Sighing, you pulled away. He tried to resist until you saw his face. The calm expression now showed nothing but pain and sadness. "Look at me." He forced his eyes to you. "You are worthy. You've always been. And we all know that."

He shook his head. "Stop it."

"Where's the Giyuu that I love?" you said. "Your eyes... they lost their light."

He sighed as the both of you sat at the river banks. "Tell me one thing Y/N," he said. "Can you forgive the unforgivable?"

"You were never at fault, Giyuu. You're not the reason why he died. Sometimes," you wiped a tear on his cheek, "there's a reason why it happened."

There was silence in the air. Giyuu was still resting his head your shoulder, and you let him be.

"Giyuu," you softly tapped his back, remembering something. "You need to eat. Giyuu?" You look down to see him sleeping. "Ah, and you got my shirt all wet too," you chuckled to yourself.

You notice the cold bowl of soup and bread on the ground. Smiling, you slowly lay Giyuu on the soft ground, resting his head on your lap. "I'll feed you next time." He groaned and shifting closer to your hand that was combing his hair.

Moments later...

Giyuu abruptly sat up, looking up at the sky. "How long was I out?" He took note of the setting sun.

"Couple hours," you replied, still sitting on the ground.

He fixed his clothes, clearing his throat. "Sorry. I didn't mean to—" he shifted his eyes to your thighs. "...sorry."

You waved it off. "Don't worry. I thought you need to rest too."

"We should go. Oyakata-sama must be looking for us."

"About that..." you trailed off.

Both of you were silent for I while before Giyuu realized. Your legs must be numb all day.

He stepped over to you. "G-Giyuu I'm fine! Just give me a few minutes to—Ack!" He carried you like a bride. Like a bride¸ you blushed.

"I'm fine..."

"I'll take too long before you could even stand. This is better," he said.

"But what about the tray?"

"What about it?" You glance over his shoulder to see the food missing.

"I-It was just..."

"You must be hallucinating for being under the sun for too long," he mumbled. "When we get there, I'll feed you."

Me?!

You didn't have time to react as Giyuu jumped from trees after trees, being careful not to let any branch scratch you.