|Rui| Playmate

"Rui!" You tried to reach your hand to him but you were hoisted up in the air.

Moments ago you were peacefully walking home, taking a shortcut to Mt. Natagumo in hopes to avoid demons on your usual trail.

"Silence. I don't want to hear your useless words." He stood on strings before you.

"It's me! Y/N! Don't you remember me?" You felt the strings slowly seeping to your body, blood started pouring out. "Rui remember me..."

"I said shut up" A thread tightened around your neck. "Be thankful that I saved you from older brother. I wouldn't waste a marechi to him."

Marechi? What are you talking about?

"Listen to me, I've been looking for you." You winced at the pulsing pain all over your body. "I-I thought your family moved away."

"My family is here." He glances at the four observing demons below. "Father, mother, sister and brother—they are all here."

You shook your head, being careful not to make to much movement not cut your head off. "They're not real."

"What did you say?" You shivered at his stare.

"I said," you gulped, "they're not real. They don't love you."

"A mere human like you should just di—"

"Because I know! I know about your real family, Rui." You cried.

"So? I killed them. They were fake."

Killed... them?

"You remember them—" that's good, "—but what about me?" You slowly wiggled out of the threads, careful not to get caught.

"You?"

This gave you hope. "Yeah, me. Didn't I always went to your place to play?"

Rui shook his head. "I don't remember useless stuff. It doesn't matter at all."

"It does to me—Ack!" You tried to kick off a spider crawling on your leg. The older brother snickered at your reaction. "Kill her already, Rui."

Rui glared below. "Leave." As if on cue, all of them jumped and scattered away. He faced you again. "It does to you?"

"Yes," you choked, "I remember every day I would come by and play with you. Every day I would think of new stories because you like my puppets."

Rui was intently listening to you, even completely loosening up the strings around your neck. "Until one day, your parents shooed me away. They said your body got worse. They said you needed a lot of rest so I should leave you alone."

"That is... true..."

"One day, when I stopped by, a lot of people were at your house. They said," the scene quickly flashed in your mind, "they said a demon killed them. Is it true?"

Rui was silent for a moment. "It's true... I was the demon."

A foot was already loose by this time. You focused on slowly shaking out your hand. "Y/N."

"Y-Yes?" Your vision started to blur from the blood loss. I need to hurry up!

"What happened after that?"

You were silent for a while. "After... that?" He nodded. "I... I cried. A lot. Because I thought you were eaten too. But you don't know is I always come. Even when your parents told me to go away I would always peek at your window trying to catch your attention but..." you were falling into unconsciousness. "But I... I..."

Your body went limp before Rui could even release you from his threads. He ordered his family to kidnap a medic from the nearest town or else.

Every day I would think of new stories because you like my puppets!

"Puppets..." he looked at the strings on the tip of his fingers. "A puppeteer." Suddenly, an idea popped on his head.

You groaned. Pain was all over your body yet you felt so tired you couldn't even scream. Hunger was growing inside you. Craving for human flesh.

"Oh. You're awake already?" You recognized the voice. It was Brother Spider's snickering. "Just so you know, I don't think you're worthy of being an addition to the family."

"Who said she's family?" Snapped Rui. You opened your eyes to see a blurry vision of him.

"Get me a human. She needs to eat," he ordered.

You groaned again. Rolling to your side. You felt him pat your head. "There, there. It will be over soon."

"W-w-w-w—" you clung to the ground, unable to endure the pain anymore. "Wh-why?"

"Why?" He retracted his hand from your face. "So we can play again. Don't you want to play?"

A/N: I'm a bit busy, also out of ideas at the moment but please don't be shy if you want to request. Finally, anybody knows Hazbin Hotel or Helluva Boss?