|Zenitsu| Right Here [Fluff]

You were in a dark room with only a lamp to light up the place. Accompanying you are two other females.

"You must be wondering why I've gathered you all here today," you spoke.

Nezuko and Mitsuri stared at each other so you continued. "I have a very important mission." You pulled a scroll from the side and laid it on the table. "Operation: Make Zenitsu love me instead of Nezuko!"

"Mm!" Nezuko gave you a thumbs up while Mitsuri squealed. 

"As you all know, he's currently in love with Nezuko." You pat her head. "Ain't that right?"

"Y/N! Y/N!" Mitsuri raised her hand like in preschool. "I'm afraid... I can't help you..."

"Why?"

"Because love comes naturally. You can't force someone to like you especially if they already like someone else." Mitsuri looked at the ground, muttering an apology.

"I know," you replied. "That's why I called you two." You pulled a bag from the side and opened it.

"Mm?"

"Makeups?" 

You nodded. "I'm not aiming for Zenitsu to just forget about Nezuko that easily. I just..." you trailed off. "...want him to notice me."

Nezuko played with a mirror. "How do we actually do this?" Mitsuri asked.

"Hello Zenitsu~!"

"Hey—u-UWAAAH! DEMON!!" He pointed at your face.

You jumped and hid behind him. "Where?!"

"GAAAAAAAAAAAH INOSUKE, TANJIROOOO! HELP MEEE!" He forcefully shook you off him before running away. Leaving you on the ground.

Mitsuri quickly approached you, helping you sit up. "Are you ok Y/N? Are you hurt?"

"Am I really that ugly?" you whispered, tears already stinging your eyes. You hid your face in her neck when the sound of footsteps that was approaching the two of you. You immediately recognized their voices. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAH! THE-THE DEMON IS EATING HER!"

"No, wait!" Mitsuri called out.

 Inosuke harshly grabbed a fistful of your hair and threw you in the sunlight.

"Die, demon!" He chuckled victoriously.

"That's not a demon! That's Y/N!!" you heard Mitsuri yelled. There was an awkward silence in the air. You kept your face on the ground as you silently wept more.

"Y/N." A hand touched your shoulder. You edged further, not wanting to get near the owner of the voice.

"You better apologize to her, Zenitsu," Tanjiro warned. Inosuke waved his sword in the air, searching for the real demon.

"Y/N," he pleaded. "I'm sorr—" You slapped his hand away, darting inside the building, pushing the others away as well.

Hiding inside the bathroom you bawled as you harshly wash away your make up. Why do I even bother?

You heard a knock on the door. "Y/N?"

"Not now Zenitsu. I'm busy." You scrubbed harder, distracting yourself from crying again.

You heard shuffling from the other side. "C-can you please open the door? I just wanna talk."

You held the handle, contemplating whether to open it or not. "No."

There was a thud followed by a groan. "She said she doesn't wanna talk!"

"Monitsu," Inosuke threatened as Zenitsu whimpers.

Sighing you opened the door. "Make it quick."

Zenitsu blushed as the other two quickly pushed him inside. "No! Not in here—"

The door was slammed. You heard their footsteps receding. "Didn't know girls are that kinky, man," Inosuke whispered.

"Tanjiro! Inosuke! Open this door right now or else!" You pounded on the door as you wait for a response.

"So..." Your head snapped at Zenitsu and he immediately shut up. A few moments, you felt him inch closer to you. "Is your face ok now?" He held up his hand to touch your cheek but you slapped it away.

"It was makeup," you hissed. He muttered an apology before backing away.

You played with the hem of your clothes. "Aren't you going to ask why?"

He opened his mouth to answer but you quickly cur him off. "It's because I like you. I... I did it so I can look cute so you'll ask to marry me. Just like what you do to every other girl you meet," you mumbled the last part. You notice he was silent. "Aren't you going to answer?"

You jump the moment you saw Zenitsu. His face was red and he was spazzing. "Are you ok?!"

You poked his arm and he snapped out of his trance. "Y/N~" he cooed. He scooted closer to you and snuggled. "Y/N~ Ah, you smell so good!"

You quickly pushed him away, blushing. "You don't have to act like you like me just because I confessed. I... I'll just accept the fact that you like Nezuk—"

"Y/N's not kawaii."
"You don't have to say that right in front of my fac—"
"Y/N's gorgeous. The most gorgeous thing I have ever laid my eyes on." Your eyes widen as you watch him caress your cheek. "How could I be so stupid before? You were right here, all this time." He snuggled even closer to you.

"Yeah," you leaned to his arms. "I'm right here."

There was a loud bang on the door. "Y/N! Y/N! Are you there?! What's happening?!"

"I'm fine!" you called. You played with Zenitsu's finger while his arms were around you. "I'm just fine."

"Breath of the Beast," you heard from the other side of the door. Both of you and Zenitsu quickly scattered. He pulled you into his arms and protected you as Inosuke smashed the door using his head. "PIG ASSAULT!"

"I told you we were fine!" Zenitsu said. Mitsuri squealed at the sight of you two.

"Inosuke look! Look!" She kneeled down and hugged the both of you. "I'm so proud of you guys!"

"So are you two a... thing?" Inosuke blurted.

You felt a smile slowly creeping to your face till Tanjiro and Nezuko came to view. That's when you realized who his heart's truly belonged to.

"Yeah," Zenitsu replied. "My precious Y/N's all mine," he snuggled to you closer.