|Kyojuro| Breaktime

"Hey Kyojuro," Y/N uttered. Kyojuro stopped in his mid training, turning his head to face her. "Nothing..."

"Something seems to bother you," he replied, sheeting his sword. "Tell me."

Y/N pouted, turning away from him. "You've been training for hours, you haven't even touched your food that I prepared!" she huffed. "And you know how much I'm bad at cooking."

Kyojuro sweatdropped. "That's kind of the reason why I..." he trailed off, feeling her piercing glare at him. "Nevermind. I'll eat it now."

Kyojuro's heart pounded as he saw Y/N's smile sparkle, grinning like a kid being rewarded with candy as she ran inside the kitchen. Not long after, she stepped out with a steaming hot sweet potatoes. "Tada!"

With a sigh, Kyojuro took one and bit on it. "I also made some salt grilled bream. I had trouble grilling it but you've been working so hard," Y/N uttered. She looked down on him, quietly munching on the sweet potato, with the occasional bites of breams. "Well?"

He eyed her for a bit. "Thank you?"

An irk mark appeared on her forehead. "Your. Welcome." She was gritting her teeth before sighing in defeat. For someone who's hardworking, he sure is dense, Y/N thought. "You've been working hard all this time so I," she played with the end of her hair. "I asked your brother what were your favorite food so I can make it."

Kyojuro thought of the words she said earlier. "And you know how much I'm bad at cooking!"

"They're delicious!" he exclaimed after a while, making Y/N jumped. 

"Really?"

"Yes," he replied, ignoring the uneven temperature of the sweet potato with bits of skin still left on it. "This is the best!"

Y/N's cheeks glow red. "T-This is just basic wife duties..."

"Oho, are you that excited to be my wife?" he grinned, pulling her closer. Y/N playfully slapped him, only to force him to look away from none other than her red face. "I'll be the best pillar to protect you. Just stay behind me."

Y/N was hiding her face in his arm. "T-Then I'll protect you from behind," she moved behind him, being careful not to show her blushing face. "With a back hug!" she quickly wrapped her arms around him. 

Kyojuro chuckled, cupping the smaller hand in front of him. "Now I'm even more determined to be the next flame pillar."

"Just be safe, ok?" Y/N rested her head on his back, taking in his scent. "I'll try to be a better cook in the meantime you'll be... gone..."

"I'll write letters," he promised. "Every week--every day if I had to!"

Smiling softly, Y/N stood up, kissing his cheek from behind. "Then I'll expect it every day," she replied. "And don't each other woman's cooking. I'd be..."

"I only had eyes for you," he looks up at her. "I love you." He tried to hold back his laughter at the sight of a flushed Y/N.

"I love you too," she whispered. 

"Master Rengoku, why do you say 'Tasty! Tasty!' whenever you eat sweet potatoes?" Zenitsu questioned, getting inside the train. "It's not even that good," he muttered to himself after taking a bite.

Kyojuro laughed out loud, making Zenitsu jumped. "It brings back happy memories."

"Memories?"

"Someone's waiting for me at home. And she makes the best hot-cold sweet potatoes and half-cooked breams!" he exclaimed, moments before the train takes off.