|Genya| Strike [Fluff]

Genya's nose turns pink when he's embarrassed? You thought to yourself, admiring the sunset. You were on the training ground, supporting your friends as they practice their breaths nonstop. Except for one.

"The sunset is beautiful," you spoke to Genya. He cleared his throat before mumbling an agreement. "Is it as beautiful as me?"

A smile cracked into your face as you notice his nose slowly turning pink. There it is, you thought, mentally praising yourself.

"N-No," Genya said. You look back at the sun, surrounded by vibrant colors. You came into the conclusion that he finds you ugly.

"Oh..."

You stood up, no longer able to handle the humiliation. You told him you were going to make dinner as an excuse to run away.

"Genya," Zenitsu hissed. "What the hell?! You were supposed to agree to her dammit!" He violently shook him, rapping curses.

"Zenitsu calm down!" Tanjiro tried pulling him off the poor boy. "Genya was shy!"

"Y/N approached him first! Y/N! A girl! Do you have any idea how lucky you are?! Do you?!" Zenitsu shrieked. "If that was me I would have said yes!"

"Who cares about that girl anyway," Inosuke grunt. Both of Genya and Zenitsu's head turned to him in a flash, eyes glaring.

"How dare you!"

"Don't talk to her like that! Compared to you mongrels, Y/N's an angel!"

"I agree with Genya! She's one of the most beautiful, smartest—"

"Oi," Genya grabbed Zenitsu's shoulder. "Don't you dare take my Y/N."

"I already have Nezuko," Zenitsu retorted, much to Tanjiro's dismay.

After a while, Tanjiro manage to separate the two from bickering. "Genya," he said. "You have to apologize to Y/N."

"No."

"Why?!" Zenitsu pulled his hair in frustration.

"I can't even look at her!" Genya protested. Zenitsu pulled his face closer to his. "Listen here you eyebrowless creep, if you don't go to her this instant I swear to all demons you will never have another chance with her again."

"Ok, ok! Get—Get the hell away from me."

Zenitsu crossed his arms. "Well?"

The boy made his way to the kitchen, where you said earlier you were heading. He peaked through the door to see you chopping up vegetables, sniffing now and then.

"What's wrong?" he suddenly blurted out.

You jumped from his sudden appearance before quickly wiping your eyes.

"N-Nothing! These onions are just..."

"But those are potatoes," he pointed out. You look down to see it was, indeed, potatoes. You mentally slapped yourself.

Strike 2, Y/N. Way to go

"Tell me what's wrong." You felt Genya's presence behind you. Tears were threatening to fall.

"Y—Yo—You—" covering your mouth, you tried your best to compose yourself. "You think I'm ugly."

Genya stared at you with a blank expression for a moment before his nose turned bright pink. "No I don't! I... I think you're... pretty."

"Pretty ugly," you cried even harder.

"NO! No you're not! You're the most—" you were crying harder, and Genya was slowly losing himself not to run away from embarrassment.

"What a mess," Zenitsu commented, along with the agreement of the two other heads peaking from the door.

The three was taken back when they saw Genya hug you, rubbing your head while mumbling countless praises and apologize.

"Way to go, Zendaya!" Inosuke cheered.

"It's Genya!" Zenitsu yelled.

"Oh, for the love of." Tanjiro bowed at the two of you, apologizing for ruining the moment before dragging the two out.

"I wanna see them kiss!"

"I wanna eat!"

"The food's not ready!" Tanjiro scolded. He suddenly sniffed, pointing out the burning pot.

Strike 3, you're out!

"Sorry," you said. "I guess dinner will take longer this time. I'll redo it."

"I'll help you." You turned to pink-nosed Genya who was already washing his hands. "So... tell me what to do."

Something to light up our grieving hearts. Rest in peace, my precious bb Genya. :<