|Sanemi| Idiot [Fluff]

"You again?" You sighed, resting your hands on your hips. Sanemi scoffed. "Just fix me up."

You rolled your eyes, pulling a chair from the side. "Sit."

The boy did so without complaint. You began to examine his body. "What did you do this time?" You eyed him closer, noticing a faint smell of blood.

"Here." He raised his bloody forearm as if it's nothing.

"Geez!" You ran to your cabinet to get your first aid kit. You bombarded him with questions and he answered them in a beat.

This was common for the both of you; him barging in injured, and you treating him the most among the rest of the pillars.

"Stop overacting. It's just a cut compared to my other injuries before," he said.

You stopped dabbing a cotton ball on his wound. "Overreacting?"

"Ow!"

"I. Am. Not. Over. Reacting." You said in between stabbing his cut with your deadly cotton ball. "If anything, it's you!"

"Me?"

"Who the hell just offer themselves to demons? For a pillar, you sure are stupid."

"Watch it, woman." He glared. You rolled your eyes in return, bandaging up his arms.

You started cleaning up the mess. "Do I have to remind you?" You sighed. "Don't move, rest well, eat healthily and—"

"Don't pick at the scabs," he replied.

"Awww there you go," you cooed. "Using that little brain of yours. I'm so proud." You wiped your fake tears of joy.

Sanemi growled and opened the door. Before he could finally leave you grabbed his arm. "I'm serious. Just because I'm here you can go and be crazy at the battlefield."

"Whatever," he mumbled, not looking at you.

"I won't always be here!" You called out in the hallway. "Stupid."

It has been months since your last encounter with Sanemi. After his last treatment, he hasn't returned nor written a letter.

"That idiot," you muttered.

"What?"

"Like how the hell am I supposed to know if it's infected or not? Is he taking care of it or— Oh I bet he's out there using it as bait for demons. That idiot!" You were fuming.

"Calm down. You know he'll always come back here," your assistant said.

"Still." Sighing, you looked outside the window. "Is that... smoke?"

Faint screaming could be heard. "Get my supplies ready!" You ordered your assistant as you ran outside.

"There's a what?" Sanemi huffed, stoping his mid-training.

"A fire. Near the village—" The Serpent Pillar couldn't even finish his sentence when Sanemi dashed out.

He called out to the scarred man but he was already out of sight.

"Didn't even let you finish," Muichiro mumbled.

"Well, what can you do? Looks like loverboy here needs to rescue his princess," Uzui said flamboyantly.

"Y/N?!" He barged inside the girl's place but she was nowhere to be seen.

I won't always be here! Her words echoed in his mind.

Sanemi cursed under his breath and ran to the burning village. The moment he arrived most of the village was already charred. He searched the premises, getting more nervous while the villagers frantically splash water to the buildings. "Y/N!"

He waited for your response, calling out again every few moments. Nearly losing hope he spotted a fleeing villager and followed them.

One of thems led him to a clearing where all the others evacuated. He scanned their faces one by one, still no sign of Y/N.

"Sanemi?" The girl stood up, wiping her sweat. "What are you doing here?"

Without a word, Sanemi pulled her into a hug. "Sanemi?!"

"Thought I lost you," he muttered.

"What?"

He hugged her tighter, noticing the slightly burned smell on her clothes. "I said I knew an idiot like you would storm right in a place like this."

She rolled her eyes. "I'm a doctor. I need to be in 'a place like this.'" Y/N noticed his uneven breathing. "Have you been running?" She pulled away, noticing how much he was sweating. "You are! I thought I told you to rest?!"

Sanemi looked away, slowly backing away from your death glare. "Shouldn't you supposed to be tending to the victims?"

"All of them are fine now," she hissed.

"Well, there might be someone caught in—"

"They are all here."

"Hey I think they need help over there--"

"Sanemi," you barked. "Get. Back. In. Here."

He cautiously approached you. You opened your mouth to speak but he cut you off. "I've been tending to it. I swear. It's just that I was deployed on a mission so I was away." He scratched the back of his head. "Forgive me?"

I was going to asked why you hugged me but alright¸ you thought to yourself.

"Is that all you have to say?" You asked him. Was it infected? Is it healed?

"I love you," he sheepishly smiled.

You started to pick on your kimono in a way to hide your blushing face. "I... um.. I-I..."

"...love you too, I guess," you muttered.

"I guess?"

"Say it more flamboyantly," someone groaned.