|Sabito| Onigiri [Angst]

"I made you onigiri!" Y/N held the food up high, showing it off to Sabito. "Come on! Eat it, tell me if it's good."

Sabito sighed as he jumps off a huge boulder, taking one from the plate and bit on it. "Well?" She couldn't contain her excitement the moment she saw the corner of his lips perked up.

"It's ok," he mumbled.

"Just ok?" Y/N felt a slight pang, a bit disappointed.

"Yeah." He took another bit. "It would be better if I had more."

Her eyes beamed, making him chuckle. "More?! So you liked it?"

"Of course."

Y/N tackled him in a bear hug. "Then I'll bring you onigiri every day!"

Then I'll bring you onigiri every day!

Y/N stood next to the boulder he used to train on with a plate of onigiri in her hand. "Sabito?" She searched for his silhouette in the fog. "Sabito?"

From afar a body emerges. Y/N gingerly walked closer to it only to be disappointed. "Master Urodaki..."

"Go home. It's not safe at night," he said.

She held her plate tighter, ignoring the pain in her heart. "But Sabito haven't had his celebration onigiri yet. I made it extra special too when he gets back... from..." Sakonji placed his hand on her head. "... the Final Selection. He's coming back, right?"

He wiped a tear on her face. "Go home," he whispered.

Y/N leaned on a rock, staring at the clouds. "You know, after that, I still waited for you," she sighed. "I got better at cooking. I wish you could try it." Y/N glance at the tombstone next to her as she pulls something from her basket. "I also got you a gift."

Y/N laid down the cake in front of Sabito as she quietly sings 'Happy Birthday.' "I made that extra special too." A gust of wind wrapped around her. From the corner of her eye, she saw someone standing next to a tree. Her fingers were shaking and quickly covered in cold sweat. "No way..."

"Sabito?" Y/N called out. He took off his mask, revealing his gentle smile she always loved, mouthing 'Thank you.'

"Wait!" She quickly stood up, running to him. "D-Don't go yet! Sabito!"

"Who did you called just now?" A voice said, peeking behind the tree.

"Giyuu? But... he was..."

He stared at her with a blank face. "Who? We're the only ones here, Y/N."

"It can't be..." Y/N looks around, searching for him. She tried calling out his names until Giyuu placed his hand on her shoulder.

"It's been years, Y/N. He's gone." His voice cracked at the end, trying to contain his tears.

"But what if he's here? What if we just can't see him?" Y/N held herself back from calling out his name again. "I saw him, Giyuu. I really did."

Silence enveloped the both of them. "Let's go. The sun's setting." He didn't wait for her to answer as he made his way out of the forest.

Sighing, Y/N picked up her basket on the ground only to see an empty plate as she smells a familiar scent in the air. Turning around to see him, sitting on the same boulder, smiling at her.