6.) They Say it's Your Birthday

A/N:

I felt the need to redeem myself. Lol so, here's this longer chapter. Gosh- I'm such a nitwit istg I change my mind so much!!!

Okay! Let's do it!

————————————————-

I snuck in. I didn't think anyone would notice, really. I knew the party that everyone was planning for him was to celebrate his birthday and since it's a costume party I figured.....ehhh, I could get away with it...

Anyways, I stood behind the scenes in my full wigged Marie Antoinette costume. I take it all in as I peer through the room, always making sure of who is around me. They don't know I'm gone right? Yeah...She doesn't have a clue either.

I stand in the shadows of the dimly lit hallway, watching the strobe lights illuminate my surroundings. I make sure to always move along with a crowd of wildly flamboyant costumes of witches and drag queen alike. Everyone seems to have a head start on the drinking, bottles of liquor in their hands as they swing to and fro' just dancing along to the rhythm of Super Freak that booms through the stereo system.

"Right, but don't you think it's a bit soon? It's his first birthday without her and he's brought him to meet all of us,"

A familiar voice catches my ear as I stroll into the kitchen. A few seconds pass for my brain to place the voice to its owner and in the next instant I see Anita dressed in an all black, beaded flappers costume. She's speaking to Ronnie who is dressed as a geisha, her long silk kimono is black with white swans decorating the front- I almost don't recognize her features through her brilliant makeup, but her voice seals my suspicions.

"I think he looks very happy and with the way we've all seen Fred suffering- he deserves that. Jim seems nice enough...," She shrugs her shoulders, sipping from her red cup as Anita slowly nods her head in agreement.

I stay hidden behind the group of people who are using the kitchen table to play a drinking game. Losing sight of Anita and Ronnie as they leave the kitchen, I lay low and look on as I see that the party goers are using drugs as wagers for their card game. Little baggies of white powder, a variety colorful pills and some other thin sheets that I don't recognize are spread out in the middle of the table.

Jim? Who's Jim? My Jim? I mean- wait, what?!

Everything as far as my plan to keep from being spotted is going accordingly. I roam through the hallways, spinning in circles to get through the crowd of dancing people who must be high as kites from the way they cackle about and sing loudly off key to the music. Despite telling myself how bad an idea this may be, I still try to find him in every room.

Settling into the front sitting room where the source of the music is coming from, the surround sound speakers make it deafening in here. It's by far the best option of rooms to sit in- it's dark and the flashing strobe lights shine bright, but the beams shoot out of the room rather than into it.

I sit beside a passed out drunk and a talkative drag queen, on the couch as I sip from my cup. I don't plan on getting the least bit tipsy tonight- in fact, I should be leaving soon.

"Come on, Freddie!! Show us what you got!"

If it weren't for this heavy wig, the pounds of makeup and my lace mask covering my face, he could have recognized me for how close he stands.

"Oh, Sharon, darling? Had a bit too much too soon, did you?," He throws his head back laughing maniacally, as his hand slaps the back of the passed out patron to my left.