5.) Fairy Tales of Yesterday Grow, but Never Die

A/N:

I think I like to keep this books chapters a bit shorter. I haven't really had the time! Which makes me soooo sad 😩😭

Anyway, thanks to all you beauties for sticking with me! I really do miss being able to do daily  updates for you! Maybe soon! ❤️

Xx

"Didn't you know that I've missed you.."

"Of course I didn't know, Angel...I-I missed y-you so much," My words turn into whispers at the electric feel radiating through me from the sensation of her hand cupping my cheek. I glide my hand up her arm and over her hand, holding it still against my face , basking in the warmth of her love.

We lay together, underneath the trees near the water bank of where we first met. My arms snuggly wrapped around her so tight- I've missed the feel of her body against my body.

We talk for what seems like all of eternity. There's nothing, but bords chirping their songs to serenade us. Her smile is the only thing I can pay much attention to anyhow. I've longed for her to touch me the way that only she can. She draws traces across my features, dips her lips into the hollows of my cheekbones, while all I can manage is to hold her tighter and smile the largest grin of my life.

"I have to go now, Papi...I'll see you soon..," She flies away from me now, not walking on her bare feet, she flies just a smidge above the ground. Her white flowing dress is so transparent and lose, but I can see her form so clearly. I can see any part of her , anytime, just behind my eyelids.

"W-What? No....no, Cherie not now- please! Just stay with m-,"

I wake up in a cold sweat, gasping for breath from the recurrent nightmare that steals my sleeping hours. I hear the cooing gurgles from the bassinet beside my bed. My head rushes awake in pure panic- Mum said every four hours! I hurry downstairs to the freezer. With my eyes still practically rolling to the back of my head from my exhaustion, I put a pot of water to boil and dip the frozen baggy of breast milk into it. There's only a few more left...

The thought of running out of the stock of breast milk is not the type of thing I want to be thinking about- especially not now. I've only just gotten Lily here with me for the past week- I couldn't handle it on my own. It felt horrible, but I had to let Mum take the kids for a good while. At least until I was able to get out of bed and stay awake during the daylight hours.

I had forgotten how hard it was to wake up to a crying, hungry baby. But Lily almost never cries! She just lays awake and waits on me patiently, like she knows that I need time. I don't know, it's late, I'm tired, I'm not making sense.

After warming the milk and draining the bag into a glass bottle, I rush back up the stairs to find Lily still quietly lying awake in her bassinet.

"Hi there my precious flower- are you hungry?," She clears my mind with her sparkling eyes and I could swear that she's smiling at me as I lift her in my arms.

I lean all the way back to the headboard of my bed, feeding her the bottle. I love to watch her eat, her cheeks have become more healthily swollen and she gulps down every last drop. It's a weird thought to have, but sometimes I try to imagine the emotions and connection of breastfeeding her- obviously not for myself. What I mean is...is this what Cherie would have been feeling? Is this the way she would have woken up to feed her not from a bottle but naturally, from her breasts. She never got the chance to experience that with Lily...and with the frozen stock running low...well, it's been Lily's only connection with her mother. It makes me sad for her.