20.) A Word in Your Ear

A/N:

Hello again, my beauties!

So sowwwwy for the long ass wait!! Ooof ya don't even knoooooow it BUT all these pieces finally clicked. I finalllllly finalllly know what I'm doing. Hehehhe. Only took 3 books 😅

Anywhoooos
💖

——————————————————-

Richie:

"Is she...is she gonna come back, Mama? Will Mummy be alright this time?"

"Of course she's coming back, baby. Mummy just has to go to the doctors and have a check up.," Mama nods her head at me and smiles.

I don't like when grown-ups nods and smiles. They always lie when they do that. If Mummy is leaving again, then Papi will be so sad. And me and sissy, too.

"Checkup? Like me? Is Mummy gonna get lots of shots?," Mama laughs at my questions. She pulls me closer to her on the couch. Her hugs are always the best. She makes me feel so warm. But, warm inside. Papi says it's because she loves me so much.

"She might have to get some shots, like you, yes. But don't worry, your Papi is with her. He'll hold her hand so she won't be scared," Again, she nods and smiles. Maybe sometimes nods and smiles are not for lies.

"I'm all done now, Mama!!!," Charlie yells from the bathroom. It was her turn to take a bath. She always takes so long.

"Richie, go up to bed now. Me and Charlie will be there in a second," Mama points up the stairs and I listen right away when she leaves to help Charlie out of the tub.

I make sure my robe is tied tight! Last time, I felt on the stairs because my tie felt out. When I pass Papa's room I can hear his funny snoring. He snores just like Papi. Papa always goes to bed so early. Papi says it's because he is old. I don't think Papa is old.

When I take off my robe and get into bed, Charlie and Mama come into the room and turn out the lights. Mama puts the little nighty times lamp on and tucks us into bed.

We always sleep in the same bed at Mama's house, but that's okay because sometimes I get scared to sleep by myself at home. I miss sharing rooms with Charlie. But she likes too many princess things and I like cars and blue and red. Charlie never even like me to play my drums, but Uncle Roger says I should play them louder now that I have my room by myself.

I always talked to Mummy when I was scared to sleep. Papi said when I want to talk to Mummy, she always will listen. He said she was our angel now. I believed him! Mummy would be the beautiful angel!

"Get some sleep now, my little babies.," Mama gives us forehead kisses. She brushes my hair back. I like when she does that. It makes me remember about Mummy. "We'll see Mummy in the morning..."

When she walks out of the room, I try to close my eyes to sleep, but I just can't! All the voices in my head don't let me sleep. They say things like:

What if Mummy doesn't come back to home again? What if Papi is leaving now, too? Is Charlie awake? I wish I ate more cookies— I'm hungry. How come Lily gets to sleep with Mama and Papa? I wish I brought my teddy. He is probably so mad that I forgot him at home!

"Richie, go to bed.," Charlie whispers to me in my ear. I keep looking at the fan on the ceiling. It's awfully noisy.

"Char, do you think Mummy still loves us?," I pick one question from the voices. I think it's a really good question.

"Duh, Rich! Mummy said she loves us. She will always love us," Charlie turns on her side and puts her arm around my belly. She always uses me like a teddy. I don't mind.