40.) Do You Mean It?

A/N:

Don't judge me.

There's one more part to finish the story of this night! I was gonna keep it going but it was MUCH too long!

🙃❣️❣️❣️❣️

GoOdluck!

—————————————————-

Scene one:

The children huddle together in the backseat of the car. This isn't the planned point of operation, but right now Jim couldn't give less of a shit.

"What do you mean he killed her?! Right in front of them-,"

"Shhh!," Jim harshly shushes her. Her eyes blankly stare back with a thin hard crease between her brows, not particularly fond of his commanding gesture. "They didn't see," he whispers above the children's whimpering cries.

Peering into the back seat, Jims heart aches to see miniature replicas of the love of his life in such a disheveled state. The three children hug one another, each trying to comfort the other though they all can hardly control their hiccuping whines.

"I've to go back there now, so the three of you stay put-,"

"Nooo! No, Jimmy please don't leave us alone!," Richie's little tough guy streak seems to have broken under the pressure. He sniffles his nose and uses those beautiful, glistening brown eyes for his best attempt at a pleading face.

"I'll be back, I swear it. I'll bring Papi here for you-"

"No you won't!," Charlie angrily hollers. "You're not gonna coming back! You... gonna leave us here ...with her! You're a bad guy- you're all the bad guys!,"

Barely able to complete her sentences with the heaving breaths Charlie tries to suck into her lungs. She's not confused by her emotions, too young to understand all that she's witnessed so far, but wise enough to know safety won't come until she's reunited with her family.

"Listen, you're safe here..okay?...I swear you're going to be safe now no matter what. Alright?," Jim looks between the three of them. He's unsure what the outcome will be at this point.

Will the children be orphans after tonight? Who's to say. Jimmy was a loose cannon. There's no telling what more he has in store. All Jim knows is that he must try his damnedest to help Freddie. Because at this point in time, staring into the unconvinced eyes of the Mercury children, Jims decided to put his own tears on ice to fight for their protection.

Nodding his head he turns forward in his seat again, grunting a goodbye to the driver, he pops open the car door to leave.

"I'll be back soon. Don't worry, my darlings- OOF!,"

His goodbye is left a choke in his throat as a pair of tiny arms wrap tightly around his neck from behind. He doesn't even get the chance to turn to speak before he hears, "Be careful, Jimmy. Thanks for saving us..," One single, quick peck of a kiss is placed on his cheek before the little hands unravel and Charlie sits back in her seat with her siblings. All of who seem to have calmed down now.