50.) Your Heart Makes A Fool of Me

*SMUT WARNING*
😈

Cherie:

I keep my eyes on Rami as he and Richie speak in rapid whispers near the door to the hall. They both look upset or bothered, and I'm sure I know why. At least, I can guess.

Charlie's not here. Richie's angry. And Rami looks about as shattered as a heartbroken man could be. I can see it in his eyes— he's fallen for Charlie, but then again so has she.

I know I told her I'd keep her secret just between the two of us. It's just getting kind of harder as time goes by. I mean, what does she think? Of course Richie will have a tantrum fit for a queen! That's just his nature, he's a protective brother, always has been.

But still there's something aloof that I can't quite seem to piece together. All the news hasn't broken, yet Richie is still exuding mayhem.

"Now then, sorry about that," My son innocently smiles at the group at the table as he takes his seat beside Laura. He lifts her hand and kisses her knuckles as if he's calm as can be. "Where were we?"

"I think we were at the family toasts," Laura replies, smiling enthusiastically toward everyone, but changing to a look of concern as she faces Richie's direction. She says something in a hushed tone, Richie nods his head giving her a wink. That boys as sneaky as they come, but I know Laura's got him read.

Beside me, Freddie quickly clears his throat as he stands up, carelessly swooping his glass of champagne up with him. "You got me wet," I whisper between a false chuckling smile as all eyes are directed towards us. "Pipe down now, darling. Save it for the bedroom," he says under his breathe before licking his lips to hide his smile, " I'd like to start the toasts, being the head of the family now—,"

"Watch it!," Deacy calls out, just as a tiny smile forms on his lips.

Freddie pauses, literally biting the tip of his tongue, "Right- one of two heads, my God! What a beautiful beast we've become, dear," He winks at John, who's smile has brightened so brilliantly now, his cheeks pinking up from blush or brandy- I couldn't tell ya.

"Anyway, I'd like to say that I'm very happy to witness the joining of our families. The kids— I mean, Richie has really gotten very lucky to have found a love with you—beautiful, precious Laura. Congratulations, my little beans, May your life together be filled with wonder and your bond grow stronger through the yearrs— cheers!"

We lift our champagne flutes to our lips as Freddie concludes his speech. He always knows just what to say. As he sits back in his seat, I lean over to kiss his cheek.

"I guess it's my turn to talk," Deacy starts, bashfully looking down to the table as he speaks. "As usual, I don't really know what to say— I'm just glad our Laura..," He reaches down for Ronnie's hand as she can't control this emotional moment, she looks at Laura and Richie with glossy eyes, sniffling into her napkin. "Has someone to love and protect her, someone who truly has all my trust and respect," I smirk up at him when we make eye contact— the way he said the word 'trust' sounded like a warning. My son would never...

"Anyway, were very excited to see the two of you grow together and we wish you nothing but the best!," He raises his glass in the air, winking at Freddie, who is swirling his champagne around in the glass waiting for the cue. "To the bride and groom! May Mercury and Deacon reign forever!"

"Hey— and Taylor, too!," Roger adds with a chuckle as everyone again sips the golden bubbly in unison.

————————————————