23.) Young & Beautiful

A/N:

Okay. I'll admit. It's me!
I AM laspalabrasdeLaBulge
I don't have time to edit.
Heading back from my lunch break lol
Soooo yeah, bye!

Now— onward!
🙃😈

"I'm sorry. We did every test we could think of. All the results are the same. It's positive...and we're not sure exactly how to treat you. The toll it's taken on your body is already evident. It's only a matter of... waiting..."

—————————————————

"Rosie!," I knock on the front door of the Taylor residence for the 5th time, still no one answers.

"Roger?!," I holler towards the open window on the upper level, but still my presence is ignored.

That's strange. I only wanted to visit with Rose today since we've barely had any quality alone time together. At least, just the two of us. Maybe they're just out. No big deal, but why isn't she answering her cell?

"No one home?," Ceci asks from the drivers seat.

"I guess n-," As I look back towards the front door, I see a patch of bleached tips poke out of the doorway.

"Thanks for the ride, Ceci. I hope the kids don't give you too much trouble," I comment while looking in the backseat at my three little angels all soundly napping. "Just remember, they're staring at the Deacons tonight".

"Of course, they won't be trouble. Have a good time, Cherie," I give her a quick peck on the cheek before rushing to the front door to beat the drizzling rain.

"I'm sorry, Rog...were you sleeping?,"

"No- well, yes I guess I fell asleep, but it's fine Cher," He shrugs as we walk into the house. Everything is quiet for mid afternoon and Roger looks absolutely exhausted. Maybe I should've come another time...

"Rose is upstairs in bed. We spent the whole day at the doctors, so I'm not sure if she's up for company, love," By his soft, calm tone I can't tell whether this is good or bad.

"Everything...alright?," I ask with a little hesitation.

"Oh, yeah, of course. She's fine. All the tests were clear,"

We stand side by side at the bottom of the long winding staircase. He has a tight smile glued on his face, but it seems he can only hold it for a second. He's lying, isn't he?

I head upstairs to find Rose in her bedroom, asleep like Roger said. Quickly slipping off my shoes, I crawl into bed beside her, slinging my arm around her waist.

She instantly picks up my hand, holding it for a second before giving it a good squeeze. "It's been a long time since we've just cuddled in bed together," She whispers.

"I know, sweetheart. But I'm here now. Do you want to talk about your day?"

"No..," she drawls with a heavy sigh, turning around so that our faces lie right next to eachother on separate pillows. "So many tests and being poked and prodded all day long...I'm tired of talking about all of that...,"

"Let's talk about you, huh.. how are things? Are you...have you settled back yet or are things still weird?," I can hardly meet her eyes. It's like she sees right through me.

"N-no ...no things are good.," I hum into a smile. "Never better.."

"Cherie...," She scowls at me, an all too familiar look to ploy me to be truthful.