56.) I Can Hear Music

A/N:

Ahhhhh, enjoy some fluff.
Y'all know it be harder than a Freddie dickprint out here for ya girl to fluff it up, BUT here goes.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

While the wedding did have it's fair share of family drama, luckily, everybody's come back together during Christmas dinner.

Fleeing was Freddie's idea.

Since Richie's wedding was Christmas Eve and then with the holiday commotion, Rose and Roger put off their anniversary celebration until now. We were all invited to have a mini-getaway. But, you know how that goes.

Parents can hardly leave their kids behind; it's like they always need you for something. Big or small, they're all still my babies and I wanted to be sure everything was okay before we left for our trip.

Now that we're here in Ibiza I couldn't be happier! It's beautiful! Even though so far I've only seen the road from the airport to our hotel.

Such a beautiful day, I think to myself as I pull the curtains open in our hotel suit. I turn when I hear Freddie still snoring away. He's got his head mashed in between two pillows, muffling his radical snoring.

The bright sunlight streaming over him, makes his long, dark eyelashes flutter while he tries to slip back to sleep by lifting his head to actually rest on a pillow. I watch him slowly awaken, his mouth opens and shuts. His lips parted and pursed look delicate and soft and bit of his hair is smashed against his forehead.

"Mmmmmmm," he groans, slapping one hand to the pillow, attempting to get comfortable enough to fall back asleep.

I move slowly, lifting the length of my long robe to kneel onto the bed right behind him. Brushing his hair with my fingertips, I lean down to place a gentle kiss on top his temple.

"Time to wake up," I whisper in his ear, watching them perk up to my voice.

"Five more minutes, Mama. I'm just getting to the good part..."

"I am the good part!," I say, pretending to be offended. "Then get over here," he grins still with his eyes closed as his arm hooks around me, tugging me closer to his side.

—————————————————

Brian:

For the most part, I think this little family holiday will be good for all of us. In light of Richie and Laura's wedding fiasco, we did all come together after a few idle years. Let's be honest here, I'm very glad Anita chose to skip this trip. The wedding with two lovers was frustrating and awkward enough.

"All I'm saying is that it's been years now and I still feel they don't accept me much," Chrissy pouts as we wait for our luggage at the airport.

My sight is concentrated on the merry go round of colorful luggage passing by on the conveyer belt. I really don't want to lag on this conversation again.

"Mmm, sure they do, dear. We all just haven't had much time together, that's all...," bending down to collect our things, I double checked the tags and begin the walk to find our driver.

"Brian! Hey, Bri! Over here," Phoebe's familiar voice catches my attention. I look around to see him waving his hands, his husband by his side.

"See now," I say to Chrissy as we walk towards them. "Freddie wouldn't send Phoebe if he didn't like you. Surely, Cherie wouldn't allow it," I whisper the last part as I walk a couple of paces ahead. We all know who wears the pants in that relationship, but I mean that's none of my business.