14.) To Remind You How I Still Love You

A/N:

Dear lovies,

I'm trying my best and hopefully will be updating more often!

I WANT TO THANK ALL YOU BEAUTIFUL DARLINGS FOR READING MY TRA$H!!
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
It means sooo much to have all of you following along!

Not tooo confident about this chapter..soooo, hope you like it, bye!

🙃❤️❤️❤️

—————————————————————

"Angel....?," I look to her. Her eyes are swimming pools of darkness- unreadable and hollow. I feel my own face twist just looking her over now. Her appearance is disheveled and alarmingly questionable.

"Cherie...Why are you all wet..,"

"I wanna go home...," She whispers while still staring deeply into my eyes. Her intent is unclear unless that intention is to scrape at the lining of my heart.

"Darling...?" I smile bemused, but mostly confused by her melancholy tone and glum expression. "You are home....,"

I chuckle half heartedly, feeling the anxious crawl of my skin as she wraps one arm around the back of my neck in a tender hold.

She smiles in a way that I've never seen before. It's not only the fact that the smile doesn't reach her eyes, or the fact that her eyes have started to glow a twinkling mysterious glare. It's the way that little smile grows into a tooth showing smirk that she follows with a throaty cackle that makes every hair on my body respond like a jolt.

"Darling...where are...w-where are the children?," I question for some reason just now noticing the eerily quiet atmosphere. With three children running about, the house should be a loud, rambunctious place....

"They're at school..," She hums in a nonchalant manner, pulling away a bit to look me directly in the eyes.

"School?," I scoff in disbelief, wondering what type of game this is. Are the playing hide and seek? Are they just try to pull a prank over on me- a little family fun perhaps.

"But, they're not even attending school just yet- and besides it's night ti-,"

"My schools in session...," Her evil grin spreads wide across her face, barring her full set of teeth, cackling freely, wildly, with evil pouring out of her beautiful lips.

I finally glance around us, every place in the house looks torn to shreds. I look behind her instead of at her, all the while her arm still hangs lovingly around my neck, her fingers twiddling a piece of hair near the nap of my neck.

I hear the sound of rushing water running out of the faucet. My heart starts to pump at a speed that should fucking kill me dead- I know she's been unwell from all her trauma but...she wouldn't...she couldn't...

Uncaring with my heart beating up my throat, I push her out of the way, hurrying towards the sound. I go as fast as I can up the steps of the staircase. I stop when I see the bathroom door down the hallway- it's wide open. There lights still on. The water...it's spilling out into the hallway now...

I pick up speed, running through the splashing water around my ankles as I approach the door. Not knowing if I'm ready to see such a sight- I have no other choice in this.

"Oh my god," I breathe the words, but my lips are numb. I can't even feel them trembling. I can't feel a thing. Not one thing. Not anything.