Chapter 7.

After class I ran to my dorm and changed into jeans and threw on a sweater, I trotted over to my mirror and touched up my makeup. Then grabbed the earrings Hermione had gifted me, I put them on and tucked my hair behind my ears and looked at myself in the mirror. Harry complimented these yesterday, I ran my fingers over the earrings, reminiscing his unexpected touch to my face at the lake and the common room. I could feel my cheeks heat up at the thought, I pushed those thoughts away smiling as I headed down the stairs to the common room. I opened the door and Harry was already outside waiting for me.

"I'm taking you to Hogsmeade." He said, I shook my head in confusion.

"I'm not entirely sure what that is... but I trust you. Let's go." I said shyly with a smile following by Harry's side, as we passed through the common room Hermione was sitting on the sofa near the fire. She glanced at us from the side of her eye, then tried to hide her smirk while returning back to her studies. I quickly glanced at Harry to see if he saw, but his eyes were aimed towards the door.

We walked through the halls and through the courtyard, down a cobblestone road, once we arrived I was in awe. Wizards and witches were everywhere, socializing on the street, everyone was so lively. I watched as three women chatted outside a store called "Gladrags and Wizardwear", the red head to the right was showing the other two blondes next to her the heels she had just bought.

"Are you coming?" Harry chuckled at my awe of the little village, I nodded and walked through the door he held open for me. The immediate smell of butterscotch hit my face as we entered, I inhaled deeply and he looked at me.

"Something smells really good." I said to him, he pulled me to a table not too far from the front, but with a little isolation. A woman with blonde hair thrown up into a messy bun approached our table, she had bright green eyes, but not quite as pretty as Harry's, and an apron wrapped around her waist. She put her right hand on Harry's chair and her left on her hip.

"Hello Harry, what can I get you?" She smiled kindly which he returned.

"Two Butterbeers please?" He asked, she nodded at his request and turned to me.

"Hi, I'm Madam Rosmerta. Welcome to The Three Broomsticks, I'm the owner." She held her hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Lucy Matthews," I smiled taking her hand, I pulled away and glanced around the bar, "your place is beautiful." I said, her eyes widened and she turned to Harry with a smirk.

"American? Where did you find this one, Harry?" She joked glancing between us, he put his hands on the table and closed them together grinning.

"Technically, she found me." He kept his grin, waiting for a response out of me. I folded my arms and raised a brow trying to hide a smile.

"How so?" I questioned.

"Okay, I'll go get those Butterbeers." Madam Rosmerta patted Harry's back and walked away towards the bar chuckling to herself.

"You joined my house, and my classes." He picked on me, I leaned forward and put my arms on the table.

"I may have joined your house, but who's to say that you didn't join my classes?" I sneered, he sneered back and made an okay-you-may-be-right face. Harry's eyes wandered around the bar and he pushed his hair out of his eyes exposing the scar on his forehead, in the shape of a lightning bolt.

"Does it hurt?" I asked, he looked back at me confused for a moment.

"Oh, the scar." He ran his pointer finger over it and whispered back to me, "sometimes." Madam Rosmerta returned and placed the drinks in front of us, the smell reminded me of this butterscotch candy I was obsessed with back in America when I was little. I took a sip and moaned in satisfaction.