Chapter 11.

It's November 23rd, and tomorrow is the first trial of the Tournament. The Champions have been running around with their heads chopped off, while it's a honor, they're terrified. Hermione and I are snatching every book off the shelf in the library, determined to find anything to help Harry. I collapse into a chair and start rummaging through the pages of the sixth book I've grabbed now, Hermione leaves my side to stand up and browse for another. Our attention is pulled from the books to a Harry walking down our aisle towards us, he was sweating and had a worried expression.

"Harry? What's wrong?" Hermione whispered turning away from the shelf, he ignored her and leaned against the other shelf in front of us, staring at the ground and breathing heavily, he grabbed the table he was cleaning on so hard his knuckles were turning white.

"Dragons." He said looking back at us, I closed the book in my lap slowly and looked at Hermione. She was just as confused as I was. "Dragons. It's the first trial." He said watching us in desperation. I gasped and shook my head.

"How is that even a first trial?" I said high pitched, he shook his head still in shock. I rose up from my seat and looked back at Hermione. She shook her head at me and returned her gaze back to the books in speedy action, I approached Harry's side and brushed his hair out of his face. He didn't respond to my response, still studying the ground. He was panicking.

"Hey..." I whispered so Hermione couldn't hear me, I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell her about Harry and I's argument, then our deep kiss, and the fact I left my date to chase after this boy. It all sounds very dramatic and possibly ridiculous. He looked back into my eyes still trembling. "We're here to help you. We'll figure this out." I said brushing his cheek, his grip onto the table softened and the color in his hands started coming back. I smiled and pulled away turning myself back to the books.

"So what do we need to be looking for?" I asked while pulling a charms book out.

"We have to retrieve a golden egg... that a dragon is protecting." He said low, I nodded as I flipped a few more pages. I stopped and placed my finger on a charm. I instructed both of them to come over to me and look at the book.

"The summoning charm?" Hermione asked, I nodded beginning to explain what I meant by it till Harry cut me off.

"I can summon my broom stick... " Harry said in awe, I smiled and placed my hand on my left hip.

"Exactly what I was thinking." I said confidently, then returning my gaze to Hermione. She glanced at Harry with her thinking face.

"How good are you with this charm, exactly, Harry?" She asked him.

"My broom won't be anywhere near me when I'm in the arena. So probably not good. Plus, I don't use that charm often." He admitted. I pulled away from them and studied the instructions of the charm. This is the best idea we've got, we've been searching the library for days now. I looked back at the two.

"We can't miss classes today. So, you're going to have to practice while we're in them, quietly." I instructed, "then you two, meet me in Mcgonagall's classroom after dinner. It'll be empty. We'll practice the charm there, together." I said devising a plan, they all agreed and Hermione put the book back.

"Brilliant. I'll see you at dinner." Harry left a quick wet kiss on my cheek causing me to stumble a tad bit onto the table, he pulled my waist back and planted a gentler kiss on the same spot.

"Sorry." He smiled and left the aisle, I watched him leave and wiped the wet spot on my cheek with my hand.

"Wait... what?" Hermione asked leaning against the same table as me. "You both literally just went to the Yule Ball with separate dates. What is happening?" She laughed and gestured to him pulling my hips back away from the table the way he did, I couldn't help but laugh as well, then shrug.