Chapter 42.

Once I settled down in my bed and dipped my quill into the ink, I knew what to write right away. There was no deep thinking involved.

I already knew. My heart knew what to say.

Dear Harry,

"Dear Harry" that sounds so formal... and with you I don't need to be formal... I can be whatever I want, I can be who I am, you've shown me that being me is the best thing I can ever be. You love me, you lovingly embrace my flaws, and over the past year I've learned that I have many of those... and sometimes my flaws can overtake the good within me. For that, I'm so sorry. The past few days I've only hurt you, I haven't been kind to you, at all. I've been so wrapped up within the wild mess in my head.
I've been selfish. I've noticed I've been very selfish lately. While the world doesn't revolve around me I've been expecting it to in small ways.
I yelled at you for not telling me about my mother, while I should've listened to the words you had to say, instead, I cut you off and acted as if your words were irrelevant. Which they aren't, you're the most important person in my life. I acted irrationally.
I love you so much, Harry, and I'm sorry that the person you've fallen in love with is such a mess, because I am, but I want to be better, hopefully this summer will give me time to heal. This year has been hard... but the good outweighs the bad that has been circling my life.
The good is you. You lift me up, and you've built me into more than I've ever been, and it's all because of your unconditional love.
I was told that love is infinite. That I'll know when I've found it. I know we're young... but you're my one.

I love you.

Love, Lucy. P.S. Tiny Kitty misses you...

After I put my quill down and closed my ink bottle I collapsed back onto my pillow. I closed my eyes, inhaling deeply. A sense of relief ran through me, I think my dad might have been right, this letter desperately needs to be sent. All I can hope is that he receives it and forgives me.

The conversation with my father about my mother didn't go far because we ended up discussing Harry, but I know a little bit more about her and my fathers marriage than I did before.

He still loves her, even after her leaving him and I. She left years ago and hasn't looked back since, she hasn't wrote, or tried to see us physically in anyway other than her visit in the infirmary. My question is still, why? Did she know I was asleep before she got there? Did she want to talk to me? I've thought over all the possibilities as to why she would actually come to see me, and with her not being my guardian in anyway by law, who told her I was in the infirmary?

These are all questions that I would have to ask her in person.

I got up from my bed and headed to my fathers, I had the note closed as I knocked on his door.

"Come in." He yelled from the other side. I did so and approached his bed, handing him the note. He smiled and took it from me. "That didn't take long, did it?" He got up and slid it into a folder on his stand.

"I guess I already knew what to say. Could you drop it off at the post office?" Letters were to be transferred by owl within The Ministry, so hopefully Harry will receive it in a few days. He nodded and pushed his glasses up from the bridge of his nose as he returned to his book. "Thank you. Goodnight." I left the room shoving my hands into the pocket of the grey sweatshirt, returning to my room.

Then... not receiving a letter the entire summer from Harry.

And unsure if he ever received mine.

Authors note:
Short chapter! Sorry! The next one will be better, and it will also be the last. Thank you guys for following me on this journey! Book two will be starting not too shortly after this one. I ❤️ all of you!