Chapter 24.

"What? He said that?" Hermione asked completely shocked, I continued pacing around the room with my arms folded.

"Yes. He hands down was ready to walk out of that library with me and that be it." I said in disbelief, her jaw fell down as she studied the ground.

"Wow, I didn't expect that. Wait, you admitted you had feelings for him? Why?" She scolded me, I face palmed myself and fell onto my bed.

"Fuck! I don't know. I shouldn't have gone. What was I thinking?" I groaned and almost wanted to cry, Hermione noticed I was trying to hold my face in my hands so she didn't see.

"Hey, stop. Don't cry. Why are you crying?" She asked me, I began sobbing and looked at her pitifully.

"I don't know. I think my periods coming. I've been extra emotional about everything." I exclaimed as my tears fell, she laughed and sat next to me on my bed. Holding me tightly in her hug. "For instance, I was walking through the halls and I bumped into someone and they said, "watch where you're bloody going!" And kept walking, and when he said that I was sad for like three hours."

"That's funny. But serious talk now. Okay?" She pulled away to look me in the eyes but continued to hold my hands. I nodded ready for whatever she was going to hit me with. "Is Harry, for sure, what you want?" She asked watching me carefully, I frowned and looked down at my hands.

"I'm sure he is, I mean - I love him, I think."

"There it is. "You think". That's not good enough. You have to know." She said furrowing her brows together, I sniffled and wiped my snot on my arm.

"It's February and Harry still hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend, like, what even are we? I feel like his girlfriend, I feel like he's my boyfriend," I explained using hand motions, "but I came this close to telling him I loved him and that just... didn't go entirely well." I closed my eyes tightly again as more tears fell as I relived the memory in my head, it really did break my heart that night. What if I love someone that doesn't love me? Harry's actions speak otherwise, but where are his words sometimes?

"First of all, the boy bought you a cat. If that doesn't say something then I don't know what to say. And second, what's so important about a boyfriend - girlfriend title anyway? He's with you and you're with him. I've known Harry for years, and he's very invested into you. I think you have nothing to worry about. But you have to look at your life years from now, I know we're only fourteen... but four or five years from now, maybe more, do you see Harry still being your one? Your world, your heart. Maybe your husband... because Harry is not a player, he's never been that, and I think when he looks at you... he does see all those things in you. But do you see that in Harry? Or Cedric?"
Hermione's long words rang in my ears, wow, she's completely right about a lot of the things she just said. I smiled and brought my hand to my heart, marriage, I've always been excited about marriage. It's beautiful and it something I definitely want, one day. Can I see Harry being the one I greet at the end of the aisle? I believe so. Then one day having little black haired, beautifully green eyed Harry's running around. My heart warmed at the thought. I definitely believe so.
I promised myself if I did get married, the marriage would be nothing like my Mom and Dad's. I wouldn't walk out like she did. I'd be there for my kids, my husband. I have a drive to be better than her, in all ways, but I'm constantly reminded here about how much I'm like her. Maybe being like her isn't such a bad thing, but I wouldn't know... I barely remember her.

"I need to talk to Harry." I sniffled again, Hermione looked at me and nodded.

"Yeah... you need too."

"Tomorrow." I said watching the floor. I don't want to hurt him, or lose him... I hope this goes better than I'm feeling it will.

                                      •  •  •