Chapter 25.

Lucy's POV

On Monday, our first day back since break I spoke to Cedric and Harry. I resolved nothing with both of them, and I can feel things with Harry are slowly crumbling. This is killing me. All of this. After my conversation with Harry at the dock I went straight to my dormitory and must've cried for hours straight at least. When I woke on Tuesday morning for classes and I looked in the mirror, my eyes were red and puffy and I was a mess.
Every time I see Harry my heart cracks a little more than before, and the tape I've put on my heart isn't holding it together anymore. We don't walk together to classes anymore, we don't meet up between breaks from school, and we no longer see each other after school or early in the mornings. I've tried speaking to him numerous times, about anything at all and he stays silent, not ignoring me, but also not giving me much of a response on anything. It's been four days since he said he needed a "break", and I've been trying my hardest to respect his wish but I'm not doing so well.
Going from spending nearly every waking minute of your life with someone and that being taken away completely disrupts my entire schedule for anything, I'm everywhere, I can't focus on anything. In class I'm watching him when he's far, in some classes he's right next to me, but I can see how uncomfortable he is to be that close. I still watch him from the corner of my eye.

He's angry, so angry. I hurt the most important person in my life, and I don't know how to fix it.

I haven't spoken to Cedric since our talk in the library. Nor am I going to. I can't give Harry anymore reason to be upset with me.

I want to fix this. I need too.

Once I finished my day of classes I made my way back to my dormitory and changed into sweat pants and a sweater, the days were getting chillier and I needed to go for a run. I don't even like running, but doing this everyday after school has oddly allowed me to find peace and quiet in my mind that's so very loud. I tied my knotted hair into a bun and looked around the dorm for Tiny Kitty, when I couldn't find her I assumed Hermione or Lavender had taken her. Once I filled her food bowl and water I opened the door and went downstairs through the common room and down the steps of the castle, once I reached the courtyard I inhaled the scent of the cold wind and the wet grass. The sky was grey and held a dark overcast over the castle, it was going to rain soon. I closed my eyes and inhaled the scent of rain through my nostrils excitedly, rain was my most favorite thing about nature.

As I walked across the courtyard there was a group of Slytherin girls sitting on a stone bench, they were whispering things between each other and giggling with their terrible laughs. I glanced at them and removed my gaze once I made eye contact with Pansy Parkinson, she angrily turned her head towards me and raised her middle finger at me.

"Classy..." I whispered under my breath rolling my eyes. She's become an even bigger bitch since I argued with her at the store. The more time I've spent around Slytherin girls I've learned that I don't think I like anyone in that entire house, which is quite dramatic when you think about it. Once I made it to the outline of the trees of the Forbidden Forest I began jogging, I never go into the forest, I jog near it because it's one of the few places that I can be alone and isn't swarming with students.

As I continued running I could feel the water from the sky fall onto my face, leaving me debating on wether I should return back to the castle before it gets too messy. I stopped to catch my breath and feel the actual weight of the rain that was coming down. It was beginning to rain harder and my hair was becoming soaked along with my clothes. I squinted my eyes at the castle as the rain continued pouring on me, I could barely see it. It was too far for me to head back now. I rubbed my eyes and glanced at the trees next to me, it won't hurt to stand under these trees for a few minutes to let the rain slow down.

I entered the forest and walked towards a thick old tree and leaned against it, I folded my arms and blew warm air into my hands. I was beginning to get cold. Just a few minutes till the rain lets down.

The forest slowly became alive the longer I stood under it for cover, the wind blowing through the trees roughly, the near silent creaks of the wood bending from the storm above it, and the rain fell through certain areas of the forest, hydrating it. I ran my fingers through my baby hairs that were sticking to my face and pushed them back trying to examine the forest. I wish I had brought my sketchbook to draw the beauty of the forest I was seeing, I was sort of glad I didn't bring it, if I had brought the book it would have been destroyed from the rain.

Once the rain calmed down I left from under the tree and began walking to the front of the forest, I was completely soaked. I wonder if they cancelled Quidditch practice or if Harry was still flying around in the sky soaking wet as well. I would love a warm bath with him right now. I bit my lip and rubbed my arms still trying to keep warm.

He doesn't want a bath with me, I messed that up.

I whispered to myself as I rubbed my eyes with my hands again, the rain was already beginning to pick up and I'm not even out of the forest. As I opened my eyes to look at the light through the trees I was walking towards I felt an enormous amount of pain on the back of my skull. I yelped and fell onto the leaves of the forest face first. Once I opened my eyes again everything was out of focus and blurry, I couldn't see ahead of me anymore. I raised my hand to the back of my head felt a large gash, I pulled fingers away and saw my whole hand was covered in blood. What the hell just happened?

I pushed my hands to the ground and tried to get up but fell back onto the rough pile of leaves. My whole body was shaking and I couldn't get up, I pushed again and got to my feet, falling onto a tree, the blood on my hand covering the bark.

Another hard blow was made to the right side of my ribs.

I screamed with the little air I had in my lungs and fell to the ground again, I clenched my side rolling on the ground. Then I felt a hard kick into my stomach, this was when I knew someone was striking me. I groaned and began frantically looking around me, I couldn't see anything as my eyes were still trying to recover from the blow to my head. I felt another blow go to my face.

Then everything went black.