Chapter 17.

Harry's POV (I'm trying this! Let me know if you guys like it! :)

"Hey, Harry. How was practice?" Ginny asked me as she began removing her velcro padding and tossing it into the bin. I gave her a thumbs up as I leaned against the wall panting, this practice was almost as bad as battling the dragon. She laughed and grabbed my arm to remove my padding, I nodded a thank you to her and peeled myself off of the wall.

"Exhausting, as always." I felt too preoccupied with everything in my life to actually give a damn about Quidditch right now. It's been weeks since the last trial and my golden egg is still screeching, I have yet learned what to do with it. Something tells me it isn't supposed to scream.

"Are you thinking about the next trial?" Ginny asked, I pulled the last of the protective gear off of my back and tossed it into the bin. As I was about to answer her Ron walked by tossing his gear in, he glanced between us and left the grass making his way down the hallway. I rubbed my face with my hands, still no talking.

"He'll get over it, Harry." Ginny smiled, I nodded at her and scratched the back of my neck.

"Yeah, hopefully." I said sighing, Ginny pulled a sweater over herself and zipped it up.

"I haven't really had the chance to talk to Lucy Matthews," Ginny started her sentence, drawing me in by the mention of the girl, "but she seems amazing, from what I've heard." She finished, Ginny was trying to make conversation about Lucy? I know Ginny has always had a small crush on me, from the first time I showed up in Ron's house at the breakfast table and she ran out of the room to hide from me. Then during my second year of school I saved her from a basilisk and the wonderful You-Know-Who... what a time to be alive, I rolled my eyes at my thoughts and faced Ginny.

"She is, she's quite amazing." I said unsure on where to take this conversation, she smiled so big the lines around her eyes appeared.

"Do you like her?" Ginny asked, I watched her face fall into a hopeful one, with the hope I would say no. I don't want to hurt Ginny, in any way. I licked my lower lip and glanced up at her.

"I do, a lot." I kept it simple, she nodded happily for me and began walking past me. I hope I didn't say the wrong thing, the last thing I need is to hurt my best friends little sister. I felt a hand wrap around my arm, forcing me to turn around and face Ginny.

"If you don't watch out for that golden snitch a little better... I might take your place." Ginny laughed while walking backwards slowly, I raised a brow at Gryffindor's other seeker.

"Is that a threat?" I smiled at her, she shrugged and mouthed "maybe" while facing forward and walking away. I laughed at her threat lightly and began walking back to my dorm, once I ran up the stairs to my room I saw Lucy sprawled out into my bed, holding an old brown book closely to her face. She glanced up at me and gave me her gorgeous, gentle smile only she can pull off. I flipped open my suitcase and pulled out a fresh pair of clothes and sat them on the edge of the bed, placing myself next to her as she leaned against my headboard.

"What are you reading?" I asked as my eyes were drawn to her relaxing clothes, she was sitting in short plaid pajama shorts and one of my heavy sweaters. She noticed my eyes and placed her book down to hold the front of my sweater out on her.

"I hope you don't mind. I kind of stole it out of your suitcase." She said uneasy trying to hide a smile, she closed her sort of tanned beautiful legs and sat up. I've noticed that since she's been here she's lost quite a bit of her tan.