Chapter 39.

"She hasn't moved since the trial, Professor," Hermione's voice echoed through the door. They've been whispering around me as if I'm not here, but in a small way... I guess I wasn't. "I think she's in shock. I don't know what to do." She whispered. The door creaked open and silent footsteps approached behind me, I felt my small twin size bed dip in from someone's presence.

"Lucy?" Professor McGonagall spoke gently, reaching her hand out to touch my shoulder. She wants me to turn around, they all do, they all want me to turn around and wipe away these tears, they want me to speak.

I can't. I'm no longer even breathing.

"Lucy..." She said again. I didn't respond. I felt her remove her hand and rise from the bed, to see her kneeling on the ground in front of me. The light from the furnace glistening on her lenses, and her face soft, but full of sorrow. "You missed dinner tonight... a few words were spoken in Cedric's name." She smiled at me, I flickered my eyes to hers.

"I couldn't be there for that," My voice cracked, she nodded and placed her hands on mine that was under my chin, tugging the comforter as far over me as possible. "I'm sorry." A tear fell down my face and onto the pillow. Professor McGonagall kept silent studying me.

"They named him and Harry as joint Triwizard Champions, they won." She nodded slowly as she brushed the hair out of my face. I gave her a small smile.

"Tha - That's really great. I'm happy." Another tear fell as my mind wandered to the image of his father holding his body along with Harry in the grass. Harry's wail and cries have been screaming in my head.

He's back. He's back and he's killed someone important in my life.

I'm a terrible person. I should be with Harry right now, I should be with him and holding him, comforting him, he watched a boy die two days ago. I can only imagine what is going through his head right now.

But I'm scattered. I can't help him, not like this, the way I'm feeling is something completely indescribable.

Seeing Cedric's eyes opened wide and his body with no movement struck something in me, I feel like I might be mentally cracking. He's gone. He is dead. And while The Ministry is scoffing at Harry's remarks about Voldemort being back, I know he isn't lying. Harry is far from a liar.

I need to see Harry. I do. Tomorrow we board the train and go home. I'll go home to a home that is far from a home, a place with no friends, and no Harry. Harry will return home to the Dursley's, and I probably won't hear from him or see him till the beginning of the next school year.

But what is there to say? Harry is far from okay, and I'm not sure how to approach him with a positive attitude when I can't even compose myself when Cedric's name is mentioned.

"Harry could use some company." She chimed, I sat up slightly confused by her words, she chuckled and held my hand tighter, "I see things, Ms. Matthews. And I've also been in young love, like you," She looked to the ground momentarily, then back to my eyes. "It's possible to be in love with more than one person at the same time, and there is nothing wrong with that." I wiped away the few tears on my face, in love?

Could I have been in love with Harry and Cedric?

I could have been, possibly, I think. The more I think about the words she just said to me, I believe a small part of me did love Cedric. I can't explain how, but I could feel it. The feelings were no where near as strong as what I feel for Harry. But I think I did. With the little parts I got to know of him, he was an incredible soul, and I knew from the moment I accepted his proposal to the dance that one day there will be a lucky girl in this world to have him. I've learned over the past few months, since the last time I spoke to him at the bookstore that he was officially seeing Cho Chang. They seemed happy.