Chapter 40.

"You're going to love the house I've picked for us here." My father said as he stared in front of us as we walked down the street, he's been trying to make conversation since he picked me up from the train station. "It's quite large, like the one back in the states."

"How big?" I asked curiously. The last house we had in the U.S. was large, for the large family that was supposed to grow and fill the rooms. But my parents failed marriage had other plans. And after there was nothing to fill those empty voids.

"Eight bedrooms."

"Eight bedrooms?" I questioned him astounded, "why do we need such a large house? I'm only home for two months out of the year." I said adjusting the two suitcases in my hands, the bags have become quite heavier since my numerous shopping trips in Hogsmeade. We finally reached the end of the street out of everyone's sight. He held his hand out waiting for me to take it so we could apparate to the house. "Okay. Ready." I exhaled slowly and closed my eyes. A few seconds later we were standing on a freshly paved sidewalk with a large modern themed house. Most of the house was covered with glass windows and dark wood, a few spots on the outside were white.

"It's new." He said smiling at me, I nodded and followed in his steps to the front of the door. "And besides, we're not all alone here. You have a cat now, apparently." He said deadpanned. He pulled out a silver key and unlocked the front of the door. Once we entered I placed my luggage on the floor and examined the layout of the house, the smell of fresh paint filling my nose.

You can definitely tell a man has been living in this house for awhile now, it wasn't messy, and it was oddly clean for my father, but not decorated. He's not a messy person, but also not the cleanest. I usually do the cleaning, cooking, and laundry. With him being away with work all the time I had to learn to step up and basically be the caretaker of him and the home.

The house had no pictures on the walls, not much dinnerware and it was missing necessary furniture items. Well, maybe not necessary for him, but if I'm going to be here all summer there are a few things that will be needed to be added in.

"Yeah, she was a Christmas gift." I said walking back towards her cage and unlocking it. She stepped out and stretched her back and front legs out while yawning, she glanced up at my father and instantly started purring, "She's sweet. She likes almost anyone." I bent down to rub her chin, she let me do this for a few seconds then left the room to explore the house.

"So it seems you've made friends?" He asked while standing next to me, he whipped his wand out and cast a spell, sending my luggage up to my room and placing my belongings where everything should go.

"Thanks." I said as I pulled my sweater over my head. I was right. England was a tad bit warmer than Scotland.

"I was worried you were going to have a hard time making friends there, I'm glad I was wrong. What are their names?" He asked as he made his way into the kitchen. I looked around in awe, this might be my most favorite room so far. There was a crystal chandelier hanging over where the dining room table was supposed to go, the shelves for dishes were open view, so they had no doors, which makes it easy for people to find any utensils they need when someone comes to visit. Which is unlikely, but still. The countertops were covered in dark marble and the room was white, the stove was not electronic, but still a gas burner, and the fridge was finger print resistant and a lovely silver. It was one of those quite expensive ones that came from a No - Maj's store.

All together, this how was a dream. All it needed was a little detailing and decorations.

"Um..." I stumbled on my words, debating wether I should tell him about Hermione, Ron, or Harry. Definitely not Harry. That would only upset him. He said specifically to stay away from the boy.