Chapter 41.

Just like I was told, I spent the day alone in the large house without my father because of his work duties. When I woke up, the first thing I did were the dishes and then I waited around for the truck to get here with the furniture.

Around 1 in the afternoon, six men showed up in a moving truck with our stuff. They placed everything where I asked it to go and they were out of my hair within the next hour, I signed some more paperwork and they went on their way.

I entered the living room with the bag of decorations I picked up yesterday and began hanging them on the walls around the white modern couch I chose at the store, the legs of the couch were dark wood, and it was an eight seater. I adjusted the side tables around the couch and put glass lamps down, along with a pink hydrangea center piece on the coffee table. Once everything was placed I stood back to view the living room, it was coming along quite nicely. I was half tempted to purchase this No - Maj item called a television. With my father clearly never being here and me not being allowed to use magic outside of school yet, I thought it wouldn't be a terrible idea. It shouldn't interfere with my fathers magic, since he's never here maybe I should get one?

"What do you think about a television?" I turned to Tiny Kitty who has made herself comfortable on the couch, she blinked at me a few times and kept quiet, "I could put it over the fire place." I pointed to the glass oven that was beautifully built into the wall. It clearly hasn't been used even while I was away during winter, my father truly is never here. I per her gently and she began purring and rolled onto her back closing her eyes. "Okay. Well, while you nap I'm going to go make my bed." I walked up the two small steps and into the hallway to grab my bag of bedding, then I headed upstairs. I pulled everything out and set up grey sheets with a blue pullover, and yellow pillow covers.

After a day of decorating I was exhausted, and I ended up falling asleep on the couch with my cat, both of us waiting for father to get home.

• • •

"Hey Luc, wake up, honey." My father gently shook me, I opened my eyes slowly and looked around. The room was dark and the lamps were on, it was night.

"What time is it?" I asked as I carefully lifted myself from the couch, Tiny Kitty was still sound asleep. She was sleeping under my chin.

"It's almost midnight." He said quietly as he leaned down onto his knees, I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"I fell asleep around 3 or 4, I don't know how I slept so long." I said in disbelief. I glanced around the room observing the new decorations, my father did the same.

"You did well with the house. It definitely feels more like home now." He smiled and bopped my nose, I rubbed his hand away and laughed.

"I heard that a home isn't home because of the place, but the people that are in it." I responded.

"Are you saying there's no one here?"

"Yes. The house is ridiculously big. It wasn't necessary." I laughed with him and he stood up to his feet. He was still in his works clothes, he must have just now gotten home. "You're not going to bed right away, are you?" I asked curiously as I made my way to the kitchen, he followed me and examined the newly decorated dining room and kitchen.

"No, I don't think so." He said in awe as he placed his briefcase next to a chair and pulled it out, sitting in it quietly and tapping his fingers on the wood. "This truly is incredible." He said again, I smiled a "thank you" at him as I went into the fridge and pulled out some food. He said not to make dinner, but he was here and it's just something I've always done. Back to the normal routine.

"This should only take a few minutes. I'm sure you're hungry, I am, I didn't eat anything today." Once the last words left my mouth I instantly regretted it, as another wave of strange feelings washed over me, more thoughts of Harry. I only just saw him yesterday, but I think the realization of not being able to see him or possibly even hear from him was settling in. I was still upset, but I couldn't deny that I was starting to miss him.