Chapter 27.

Harry's POV

"I have to look, Hermione." I said walking side by side with her down the stairs. I have faith that the school will find her, but I can't just sit on the sideline waiting for that to happen. Professor Mcgonagall went to Dumbledore right after speaking with us, if anyone can find her, it will be him, I know that. But I can't wait.

"Okay." She agreed as we reached the bottom, I turned to her confused.

"You're not going to try not stop me?" I asked concerned for her mental status. She shook her head and grabbed my hand.

"No. I want to find her too. Besides, they could use all the help they can get right? The more people the better." She said smiling reassuringly and squeezing my hand.

"Brilliant." I smiled back and let go of her hand.

"Okay. Where to start?" She questioned as we made our way to the courtyard. I looked around the yard for anything, I know the odds of us finding her are low. But I have to try.

"She runs after school. Everyday." I said glancing back at Hermione, she smirked.

"How do you know that? I thought you guys weren't speaking." She confronted me, I shook my head and began walking towards the grass.

How do I know that? Because I watch her anytime she does anything. I'm angry at her, yes, but I watch her every move. I'm always keeping tabs on her. Where she goes with her spare time, what she does, who she talks to. She's usually curled up somewhere with her nose stuck in that old book Hermione gave her, her beautiful mind completely wrapped around the story she's reading on those old pages. The way her pale legs fold underneath her as she reads it, the way she tucks her brown hair behind her ears, and the way her plump pink lips curl.

I need to find her.

We walked almost the entire grounds before the sky started becoming darker, it was going to rain again. Could she have been out here when it rained... two days ago?

"Hermione." I said watching the dark trees of the forest sway back and forth, "what would you do if you were running and it began raining?" I asked her, she shrugged and raised a brow at me.

"Find shelter. Obviously, Harry." She said with her normal are-you-stupid-face, she then turned her gaze to the trees. "Oh..." She exclaimed with wide eyes, the shock settling in.

"Yeah." I said beginning to walk towards The Forbidden Forest. She better not be in there, she knows better.

"You don't think she would actually go in there, do you, Harry?" Hermione's voice cracked as worry spread to her face.

"What if she didn't have an option?" I asked pulling my wand out before entering the shade the trees were casting over us, Hermione gulped and followed my same actions.

"Oh, God, Harry... what if something found her?" Hermione asked frightened and holding her wand up high, we haven't had great experiences in these woods. I closed my eyes and shook away the thought.

"Let's hope that isn't the case. Come on." We walked deeper into the forest, it was near pitch black, and the darkness of the forest sent a shiver down my spine.

"Lumos!" Hermione whispered, the light from her wand lit up the darkness that seemed to be engulfing us. She gripped my arm tighter the farther we seemed to go, and the forest continued to feel never ending.

We kept going for what seemed like forever, and Hermione was growing unsure.

"Harry, she could be anywhere... I don't — " She stopped speaking and stood still, staring off into the distance.

I followed her gaze to see Lucy rolled into her side near a log. Unmoving.

I sprinted to the log and fell onto my knees, slowly reaching for her. My heart dropped the second my hand touched her wet grey jumper, realizing it was covered in blood.

"Oh my God, Harry." Hermione stood behind me with a tremble in her voice. I sat up reaching for Lucy's ice cold body and turning her over gently, her eyes were closed and her lips were grey, her left eye and cheekbone were swelled up, and face drained of all color. Her brown hair was tied back messily and blood leaked from the back of her head and down her neck, along with numerous cuts along her face and on her body that were bleeding through the grey sweatpants and jumper.

"Go get help!" I said with as much calmness as I could. I unzipped her jumper exposing her bra and her white skin, her ribs were black and blue and she had a large bruise over her stomach and a few small ones along her chest and collarbone. I unzipped my jumper and laid down next to her body, I don't know what else could be wrong with her and I don't want to hurt her anymore than she is.

"Hermione." I turned my head back to her, she was trembling and still hadn't moved, "Hermione. Look at me." I said sternly, she sniffled and watched me, "Go get help. I'll stay here and keep her warm. She's freezing." I said pressing her body against mine as we laid on our sides, her head fell back and I put my arm under it trying to give her some support. I placed my chin on top of head and held her tightly, Hermione's footsteps receding behind my head. I closed my eyes tightly and held her tighter, her cold skin against mine, and the blood from her head covering my arm and chest.

"You're not allowed to leave me, okay?" I whispered into her hair with my voice breaking. If I had been with her like I usually am this wouldn't have happened. I lowered my face and pressed my forehead to hers, leaving a long kiss on her cheek. "Please, please, be okay."