Chapter 30.

Harry's POV

"Harry..."

...

"Harry!" Someone whispered then began coughing frantically, I opened my eyes from Lucy's bed in the infirmary and saw she was awake. She had been trying to get my attention but I had fallen sound asleep.

"Holy shite! You're awake!" I whisper yelled and rubbed my eyes trying to get a clearer vision, she had finally stopped coughing and her slightly closed brown eyes traveled around the room.

"Am I... in the infirmary?" She asked returning her gaze to me, I gulped and nodded.

"Yes, you are. You were found in the forest." I said nervous, she squinted her eyes together trying to process the timeline in her head. Then looked down at her chest that was still wrapped in a bandage.

"Forest? What?" She croaked and began coughing again, I leaned forward ready to grab her hand, but then stopped, realizing she hasn't been here for the past week. She is probably wondering why I'm here to begin with, and that I'm still mad at her. She didn't notice my hesitance, and raised her hand to the back of her head placing her fingers on the gash. Her eyes rolled back into her head as she groaned in pain. "Ow, really ow... ow." She said for the third time. I glanced around the room for Madam Pomfrey but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Let me get the nurse." I said rising from the chair and walking out of the doors, I glanced to my right then to my left and she was making her way back to the infirmary. When she noticed my presence she smiled kindly. "She's awake. She's really hurting." I said lowly, she nodded fast knowing the urgency and went ahead of me into the room and going into the cabinets. She pulled out a small black bottle with no label and poured it into a small white cup and handing it to me, then she found a pill bottle and pulled out three white pills. I watched her closely as I knew nothing about medication or how to take care of someone, but I was eager to learn if I meant to take of Lucy. Madam Pomfrey noticed my eyes studying her actions intently and smiled at me once again.

"It's for the pain. She'll be a little woozy after she takes these." She said trotting over to Lucy's bed. Lucy had begun to start sweating and had her eyes closed again, then opened them when we both arrived next to her. I handed her the cup and she grabbed it slowly with a shaking hand, then swallowing the black liquid inside. She made a disgusted face and handed the empty cup back to me, making me laugh as Madam Pomfrey shoved the three pills into her mouth and she swallowed those quickly as she was still frowning at the flavor of the liquid. She angrily glanced at Madam Pomfrey with a still swollen eye.

"I am helping you. Do not give me attitude." Madam Pomfrey said waving a finger, Lucy looked down and back at me with playful eyes.
"Let me know how you feel in a few hours. We'll give you more medicine if it's needed." Madam Pomfrey walked away and went out of the doors again, off to wherever she was before.  I turned to Lucy trying to fight a smile.

"In her defense, I was the one who gave you the cup." I bit my lip laughing, Lucy rolled her eyes and looked at the door Madam Pomfrey went through.

"Maybe, but she was the one who poured it." She sneered and leaned her head back against the pillows, wincing as her gash rubbed against them. I felt uneasy as I sat down in the chair, keeping my hands to myself. Not knowing what to do with myself exactly. She looked around at all the flowers near her and presents and raised an eyebrow.

"Well, this is a lot." She said glancing at the extravagantly built roses next to her, I chuckled and grabbed the card on the side reading the name.

"Lavender Brown."

"This makes sense now." She said coughing again, holding her ribs with her arm in pain. She looked at me questioning her whole situation.

"Two of your ribs are broken..." I said quietly as the memory of her blood everywhere filled my mind.