Chapter 2

The last week of my life has been... A lot to say the least. The week has been filled with me going to meet Courtney's friends and trying to find me somewhere to live. I've been sleeping on the couch which is very comfy for a couch but I would like to find a perminent place to live as soon as possible. "Syd, get ready. We're going to Shayne and Damiens house. We've gotta be there by 7" Courtney announced as she walked out of her room into the living room where I sat on the floor organizing my luggage. "movie night right?" I asked, placing the stack of folded clothes back in the luggage and standing up, dusting off my pajama pants. "every Friday." she smiled and walked across the living room to the washroom and starting up the shower. I looked over at the clock and noticed that it was already 5:30. I showered this morning so I walked over to the luggage, pulled out my makeup bag and walked over to Courtney's room to use her mirror, the lighting in her room is the best. I did light face makeup with a bold lip because why not.

"what should I wear?" I asked Courtney as she walked into the room in a robe. "something casual, we're just watching movies." she answered and came to sit beside me to do her makeup as well. She'd already had it on from work today so she just did touch up's. We sat there for a while talking until about 6:15 when I finally went to find some clothes to wear. I settles on(insert outfit here). "You ready?" Courtney asked, walking out of her room. I nodded and quickly pulled my shoes on then grabbed my purse.

"hey guys, you're early!" Shayne exclaimed giving me a hug then moving onto Courtney. There's was a little longer than mine, I see what you're doing Shayne, we see you. I took off my shoes and asked Shayne if I could use their bathroom. He said yes and instructed me on how to get there. Their house is really nice and pretty big. He'd told me to use one of the bathrooms upstairs. I walked through the living room, past the kitchen the up the stairs. There was a landing with 3 doors on the left and 2 to the right. I was told which one was the bathroom but I decided to get nosy. I opened the first door on the right and found a bedroom with light walls and a dark bed spread. There was a built in shelf on the wall full of books, looks like I found shaynes room. I knew the bathroom was beyond the second door so I skipped it and opened the last. In it was just an empty bed frame and a mattress leaning against the wall.... That's it. Looks like someone just finished moving out too because there's on dust on the bed frame.

I closed the door and open the far on on the right which was right across from the empty room. It housed 2 desks, one of which had a computer, and a couch against the back wall under a window. Aside from a book shelf and a few posters the room was empty. I shut it and walked back towards the stairs. As I reached for the door handle of the last room, the door flew open and there stood Damien wear dark jeans, a grey t-shirt with his hair brushed back a bit. We both jumped, causing us both to laugh. "sorry I was just looking for the bathroom." I said shyly.

Damien and I had only met once before but I'd seen him in some smosh videos and I think he's really funny and cute. "it's just over there." she said with a wide smile, pointing towards the door which I knew lead to the washroom. "thanks." I said quietly, turning on my heels and walking quickly to the washroom before closing the door behind me. Idiot! I internally groaned as I leaned against the door. I used the washroom and checked myself in the mirror before heading back downstairs. I walked into the living room, hearing everyone talk about which movies to watch. They decided to do horror movies, in which I suggested my favourite horror series the conjuring. We decided to watch the first 2 movies.

"ok so what should we get from Domino's. We've got Courtney's gross pizza, meat lovers, a supreme, some spicy and mild wings, and garlic knots. What do you want Sydney?" damien asked as he wrote down what to order on his phone. "just cheese pizza please." I said, looking up from my phone, "Boringggg!" keith called out, making everyone laugh. "I'm vegetarian, leave me alone!" I yelled back, pouting and crossing my arms over my chest. Damien ordered all the food and we loaded up the first movie on Netflix. They had one big couch and a love seat. Noah decided he wanted to lay on the floor because he's weird, Keith and olivia say on the love seat which left Courtney and I squished between the boys on the big couch.

Shayne had his arm around the back of the couch behind Courtney, which gave us a bit more room but not much. "you can move a little closer to me, I don't bite." damien laughed as he put his arm around of the couch as well. I scooted a little closer and drew my knees up to my chest, resting my chin on them. The food got there not long after so we got our food and got back into position on the couch. Throughout the movie, Courtney and I ended up moving further and further away from each other and closer to the boys. I always forget how much scarier the second conjuring is compared to the first one. When the man shows up behind the main girl in the reflection of the tv, I jumped and instinctively buried my face in Damiens shoulder.

He chuckled quietly, the vibration being heard very loudly in my ear. "you ok Syd?" he whispered in my ear. I nodded and apologized quietly, separating myself from him. "it's ok, I've got you?" he whispered with a soft smile and moved his arm from the back of the couch down to wrap loosely around my shoulder. I blushed, thankful for the darkness of the room to cover it. I pulled my knees up to my chest again, leaning into him slightly this time.