Chapter 6

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. Right now Keith is in the chair and Gus just walked out in a night gown with water 'dripping' from his nipples. "hey have you seen my pump, it's getting real bad this time." everyone back stage started laughing, but mostly Shayne who stood just outside the blinders, holding his mouth to try and contain his laughter. "do you think you can help me out again i-" and then Kieth burst, spitting the water out everywhere in a mist that hit half of us in the room. We were too busy laughing to care, we just laughed with him.

Taylor went out and dry mopped the floor to pick up the water as the rest of the cast went back to get ready for their turn. Shayne was next out who immediately b-lined for the bongos. He picked them up and placed them beside Kieth before beginning to play. "just saw black panther." he said, holding his fist out towards Keith who turned his head forward and spit his water out again. Just as Courtney was about to walk out in a shiny silver dress holding a ukulele for her turn, I got a text from damien say that they were filming maricraft soon if I wanted to sit in on them for a while.

I leaned across the prop table and whispered to Courtney that I'd be going and to get me before she films her video. She said ok and went out to do her thing. I gave her a quick thumbs up before dissapearing out the door to go to the games room. I wracked my brain to remember where I was going and soon I was stood in front of the door. I opened it to find everyone already sitting at their desks filming. I went around and gave them all a hug, starting with joven who is closest to the door and ending with Damien. "hey." he said tilting his head up to look at me briefly before looking back down into the camera while I rested my chin on top of his head. "guys, this is Courtney's cousin and mine and Shayne's roommate Sydney, Syd, this is Minecraft." he said gesturing to his screen. I unwrapped my arms from around his shoulders and waved at the camera.

"if anyone needs me, I'll be back here taking a nap." I said, dragging the a chair to the middle of the room and popping back onto it so I have a perfect view of both Damien and Wes' screens. I was half way sleep when I suddenly heard Mari yell, "Woah a bat!" I jumped slightly in my seat, causing damien to turn around and chuckle at me. I gave him the middle finger and sat up straight in my chair, rolling it towards his desk. I snickered quietly as I watched him slowly lighting stuff on fire while no one was paying attention. "wait are you near all the fire?" joven asked in confusion as his character walked towards us. "what's up?" he asked innocently. "wait, did you do this?" joven asked. "don't even worry about it." he said quickly and continued to light things on fire.

Jusy the Courtney poked her head in, waving to get my attention. I patted Damiens leg as a silent goodbye and made my way out of the room without pulling too much attention towards myself. When I walked outside I'd noticed that she'd changed outfits which I mean, I guess when you're filming multiple videos a day you don't really want people to catch on right? She was wearing a super cute and colourful jacket that gave me 80s or 90s vibes. We walked towards a new room, this time the room had 2 sets, the one side was an all wooden room where they filled board asf and the other side was just a green screen with a chair stool in front of it. This video was more intimate, the only people in the room were me, Courtney and a hand full of people from production, just the necessities.

"ok Courtney, what story are you telling today?" Ryan asked her. "I'm going to be telling the first time I almost died." she smiled confidently. "the first of many I'm assuming." he said, raising an eyebrow as he looked over at me. I just gave a curt nod which made them both laugh. "ok, get on up there Court Bourt." he said and walked over to his place behind the camera. "and action!" Ryan called pointing towards her. "hey I'm Courtney Miller and this is the first time I almost died." she said and went right into her story which I've heard and told many times myself. She talked about how she didn't have many friends aside from family since she was homeschooled. We all were, it was a very lonely existence.

She was talking about the waggon which I remember very well because they would always let me get out last and then not hold it still from me so I would always fall. Assholes, man kids are mean. Those memories are some of my fondest though, I'm glad I want there on this particular day. I do remember her mom calling my mom just freaking out because they went down Joshua street which is super steep and that had no way of stopping themselves. My sister and I went over the next day with our parents for dinner and all of them were in so much trouble that they didn't get desert. Hearing that story brought the biggest smile to my face, I hope once day my kids will make memories like we did.