Chapter 12

I'm so excited for Courtneys birthday tonight. Wes and his fiancé broke up only a few weeks after I moved out so Courtney was forced to find her own apartment. Me and the boys went over last week to help unpack the big stuff so I'm excited to see what it looks like. We have today off so the girls and I are all going over there so get ready and just hang out today. We haven't done it in too long and I miss just being with them. "are you ready to go?" Damien asked, standing in my doorway and whirling his keys around his index finger. "yeah just let me grab my shower stuff." I said walking towards the door only to have him step in front of me. "babe, let me through." I laughed, trying the squeeze through the cracks on either side of him, causing us both to laugh even harder.

He put his hands on either side of my waist, picking me up suddenly and throwing me on the bed. He hovered over me for a moment before leaning down and connecting out lips. I deepened the kiss but pulled away before it could get more serious. "you can go now." he whispered against my lips. I rolled my eyes but smiled, pushing him off me. I grabbed his face with my hands on either side of his face and pulled him forward  till his lips were just out of reach of mine. "were going to be late." I whispered against his lips and stood up. "I'll meet you in the car in 5." I said over my shoulder and walked out of the room.

"ok, no more Netflix, we need to get ready!" Mari exclaimed, launching herself at the tv remote and pausing the episode of family guy we were watching. "she's right, we've only got 3 more hours to get ready and half of us haven't showers yet." boze sighed, throwing her head back on the couch. I was the first to stand, running to the shower first since I only had to wash my body. I washed the face mask off and touched up the shave on my legs before hopping out and letting the next girl in, who just so happened to be Courtney. I closed the door behind her, telling her we needed to talk. She agreed and we faced opposite directions and I got dressed and she stripped to get into the shower.

"what's been going on with you and Shayne?" I asked, sitting down on the toilet. "we... We hung out the night you and Damien went on your date. It started out like any others until I broke out the wine because... Well duh and we out on music and before I knew it, we were having a deep talk. He told me his feelings for me and I told him that I reciprocated those feelings. We ended up kissing and we've kind of been seeing each other since." she finished and I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. "you're lucky you're in the shower and there are 3 people just outside the door because I would have already beaten you up by now." I whisper yelled, only being half serious. "I'm so sorry!" she said, laughing as she stuck her head out of the shower.

She had old mascara smudged around her eyes and her wet hair was stuck to the shower wall. "you look like a racoon." I yelled, causing both of us to laugh even harder. I walked out of the bathroom, leaving her to finish her shower and made my way over to Courtney's room where everyone else was already starting to get ready. The next 3 hours were chaos, every outlet in the house was taken up by hot tools, make littered the floor and dresser of Courtney's room and there were clothes EVERYWHERE. But I mean, we looked great. Olivia was driving since yet again, biggest car. We all piled in one by one and set off the the restaurant, and only 15 minutes late, I think it's a new record.

"Dinner was so good, I'm so stuffed I feel like my dress shrunk 3 sizes." I laughed and I walked with Courtney. We had a few drinks with dinner, not enough to get us drunk but enough to link arms in ordered to support each other. "it looked like it did too." Noah laughed as I shoved him. "I don't know, I'd say you still look pretty sexy to me." Damien said, coming up beside me and linking our fingers before kissing the top of my hand. Ok, maybe it wasn't just me and Courtney who had a few drinks, it was basically everyone. "thanks Dames." I said, tipping my head back and connecting our lips causing a course of 'boos' to erupt for the rest of our group which was just catching up to us. I looked over my shoulder at them and caught another glimpse of boze staring at me, this time it was more of a glare. Well, this is gonna be interesting.