Chapter 27

Its been almost 2 weeks since defy shut down and life is starting to feel normal again. We're meeting up with everyone for the first time since the first night and I'm nervous to see everyone. I mean I've seen a few of them here and there but I've mostly been staying home or going to Courtneys. I've just felt so sick that I don't wanna go anywhere. Speaking of Courtney, something I never thought would happen is happening today, she's moving in with us. I there are so many pluses! Her current place sucks so she'd have somewhere less sketchy to be, it would be an extra person to pay rent and we'll all get to be together again. Besides, we're gonna need all the help we can get with this baby. I woke up not long ago and just threw on a cropped sweater and high waisted tights, brushing my hair and throwing a beanie on top before making my way downstairs.

"you ready to go get Courtney?" Shayne asked looking up from his phone. "yeah I'm not gonna do my makeup till later, too much work. Where's Damien?" I asked, "right here." said a voice from behind me, making me jump half a foot in the air. "sorry I was in the washroom." he said pulling me in for a hug. I gave him a quick peck before we went to get Courtney and her stuff. "Let's grab breakfast first, I'm starving. I'll ask Courtney if she wants anything." I said as we got into the car. The boys agreed and after I got what Courtney wants we drove to Starbucks. On the way there, I decided to finally post on instagram and tell the fans that I was pregnant. I took a picture while I was working out yesterday and for the first time i didn't look bloated but pregnant instead and I actually cried at the gym. It all just became real. I posted with the caption 'Through hard times, family sticks together and sometimes that family grows when you least expect it... And well, I'm expecting.' I closed my phone and waited to see the response, I was nervous and also excited.

"ok, here's the game plan, we're going to move Shayne small dresser into my room to put Sydneys stuff in and you're gonna get her big dresser in this room so there's enough room for all of your stuff

"ok, here's the game plan, we're going to move Shayne small dresser into my room to put Sydneys stuff in and you're gonna get her big dresser in this room so there's enough room for all of your stuff." damien said as we carried the last of Courtney's stuff to hers and Shayne's room. "you're turning your old room into a nursery?" Courtney asked, taking a seat on the bed. "yeah, do you wanna see some pictures of the furniture we were thinking for the room?" I asked, sitting down beside her and opening my Pintrest that I never used until I heard I was having this child, I swear I'm addicted now. I showed her some of the stuff I was planning on getting until I got an email from someone about a piece of my old furniture I was selling. I left them to go to my room and finish taking all of my stuff out of the drawers, throwing away all the junk I accumulated over the last 7 months.

We continued like that until 4, me cleaning my old room and bringing all of the stuff I was keeping into Damiens which was definitely bare and could use some more stuff in it and the rest of them sorting out Courtney's stuff. "were gonna have to finish this tomorrow, we have to leave for Ian's soon." Courtney said, peaking her head into Damiens room where I sat moving all of our summer stuff into the small dresser and keeping winter stuff in the big one. "ok, I'm just gonna throw some makeup on and we can go." I said and reached out for Courtney to help me off the floor. She came and sat with me on the counter in the washroom while I did my makeup and we just talked and listened to music like we used to when we were in high school. "I wonder how everyone's been, it feels like I haven't seen them in forever." I said, whilst putting on my lip balm. "I think they're doing just about as good as we are." she said with a glum smile which I returned before we made our way downstairs.

We got to Ian's not long ago and we've just been sitting around, the Chinese food to get here not long ago so we were sitting in the living room, eating and talking about our last couple weeks without each other. "its been hard not going to the office every day, I'm not gonna lie." Noah said briefly looking up from his phone then going back to texting. Him and his girlfriend have been having some issues lately which doesn't help the situation he's in with the shut down, he's going to break up with her soon if she doesn't break up with him, poor guy. "my body has been waking me up at 4:30 on our regular shoot days, then I have to try and force myself to go back to sleep." I said with a sigh, resting my chin on my knees which were pulled up to my chest. "no way, I thought that was just happening to me!" olivia exclaimed, crossing her arms and leaning back in her seat. "nope, it's been happening to me too." Ian laughed bitterly.

He's definitely taking it the worst, he hasnt shaved, he's been so sad lately and I can totally understand why. I mean, smosh is his baby, hes been doing it for 13+ years and to have it taken away in a second is gut-wrenching. I stood up and walked over to him, pulling him into w tight hug which he returned quicker than I thought he would. I've never known Ian to be a super emotional guy but it's been a bad year, the break up with him and Pam, Anthony leaving smosh then having it shut down all together. He needed this hug more than anyone could have thought; more than probably thought as well. We pulled away from the hug after a few minutes and he smiled suddenly, poking my stomach. "how's the first smosh baby doing." he said, causing me to burst into laughter. "goooood, he won't let me keep any food down or get more than an hours worth for sleep at a time but we're still alive." I said and behind me I heard Shayne and Damien yell 'it's a girl', causing me to roll my eyes.

"you think, I think it's a boy." Noah said, I gestured to him and yelled 'thank you', causing everyone to laugh. "ok let's go around the room and see what everyone thinks baby smosh is gonna be. Raise your hand if you think it's a girl. " I said, returning to my seat and picking up my box of veggie fried rice. Damien, Shayne, Courtney and Ian raised their hands. "now who thinks is gonna be a boy?" I said, raising my hand along with olivia, Keith and Noah. "even split, guess we'll find out in 8 months." damien chuckled, forking food into his mouth then putting his arm around the back of the couch. "you don't want to know the gender?" Courtney asked, standing up to get more food. "as of right now I want it to be a surprise but I'll see how I feel in a few months." I said, throwing my plate in the table. "I'll be back." I said, walking quickly down the hall to the washroom, I swear I'm not gonna gain any weight during this pregnancy if this baby doesn't let me eat.

I stepped out of the washroom about 15 minutes later and heard laughter coming from the living room. I slowly made my way back, taking my beanie off as I went, suddenly feeling the heat of the full house. I stopped in the doorway by the stairs and just watched my friends as they nearly cried from laughter watching old smosh videos. It made me smile to see them like that again, it just shows how truly strong they were together. A real family. Damien caught my eye as I watched them and waved me over. I walked over as sat down in my place again, cuddled up between him and my cousin. We stayed like this until nearly midnight, watching videos and reminiscing on all the good times they had. We left with the promise of doing this again in a couple days and the squad were given the homework of coming up with some video ideas they can shoot at Ian's. What a great night it turned out to be, I can't wait for the next one.