Chapter 43

"are you excited for today?" damien asked quietly, it was about 7am and Damien and I were laying in bed, just talking and enjoying each other company before we had to get up start this busy ass day. "excited is an understatement, if I wasn't still asleep I'd be bouncing off the walls." I murmur, burying my face deeper into damien bare chest. It'd June 20th, the day of my baby shower and it feels so good that today is finally here after weeks of planning. It is scorching hot in LA right now, so hot that we've been sleeping almost completely naked and with not 1 but 2 fans on (me). "we should probably get up, we've been laying here for half an hour." I finally said, struggling to sit up and falling against the headboard. "and I cannot wait for you to come out missy." I said, rubbing my stomach. I'm 8 months pregnant and I am HUGE, I feel like nothing fits me anymore and I'm over maturity pants, God knows what I'm going to pack for summer games which we leave for in 2 days.

"do we really have to get up? Can't we just stay here together forever, just the 3 of us." he said, moving closer to me and resting his head on my leg. I let my hand run through his hair mindlessly and shook my head. "unfortunately not, come on, we have like so much to do and no time to do it, people are going to be here at 1 and you need to go get my sister, that is unless you wanna start decorating and I'll go grab her." I said, glancing down it him. "yeah we can do that, I don't want you to strain yourself, especially not right before summer games." he said, finally sitting up fully and stretching. "ok then I'm just going to get dressed and grab here, you round up the troops." I said, saluting before climbing out of bed and going over to the washroom. I took a quick shower so I'd just have to get dressed later and threw on spandex shorts and an oversized shirt, aka my go to outfit.

"I'm going to grab coffee and stuff while I'm out so text me everyone's orders." I told damien and I sat down on the edge of the bed to put my socks and shoes on. "ok I will, I love you." he said as I stood up to leave. "I love you too." I said and gave him a quick kiss before leaving our room, grabbing the car keys and heading out. I texted Sofia that I'd be there in 10 minutes and set on my way towards my parents house. It's nice to drive by yourself, you get to just sit there, sing along to what ever song you want to play on the radio and relax, it's quickly becoming my favorite thing to do. Before I knew it, I'd pulled up at my parents house and was going in to say hi. Before I could even knock, my dad threw the door up and gave me a tight hug, well as tight as he could with my belly in the way. "come in sweetheart, Sofia got out of the shower about 10 minutes ago so you've got some time." my dad chuckled, letting me into the house.

We walked into the living room where my mom was sat with curlers in her hair watching Oprah, I'm assuming those are for today but you never know with that woman, I get all my crazy from her. "hey ma." I said giving her a hug and slowly lowering myself down onto the couch. We talked for about 10 minutes about the plan for today and she confirmed what her and aunt Corey would be bringing. Sofia ran down the stairs with a big overnight bag in her hand and started slipping her shoes on. "well I guess we're going, I'll see you tonight, and I'll see you soon." I said turning my attention from my mom to my dad then gave both of them a hug and headed home; I mean we stopped at dunkin' donuts first then we went home.

When I got home, everyone was up and milling around so we ate and by 8:30, we were ready to work. We made finger foods and other little things for lunch since anyone who was bringing food was bring dessert then started on making the party games. The boys quickly cleaned and decorated the house while all of this was being done. With the 5 of us working at top speed, everything was ready to go by 12. All that was left now was to get ready. Basically as soon as we finished the boys grabbed their stuff and headed for Ian's where they were staying until the party was over and Courtney, Sofia and I went upstairs to get ready. I bought this beautiful bodycon dress with a ruffle straight neck line (I only found it in blue but since it's a girl you can picture it in whatever colour you'd like) with chunky heel strappy heels to go with it, I put on silver jewelry curled my hair and did my makeup as a simple winged liner and a nude lip. My mom, aunt Corey and Damiens mom get here half an hour early and got all the food set up just in time for the guests to arrive.