Chapter 30

Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays, I love everything about it. The warm clothes, the food, decorations, giving and receiving gifts; you name it, I love it. This year felt different though, this is the first year I'm having Christmas without my parents and I'm instead spending it with the smosh fam, for the most part. Let me explain. My sister came to stay with us last week (good thing we still had my old mattress) because my dad was offered a holiday bonus trip from work but he could only bring one person and that's obviously my mom. The only problem was that they're going to be gone until December 30th because of weather problems, they're safe but flying isn't a good idea right now. So instead, Sofia is coming with me to Damiens moms house in the morning, we're going to go to uncle Ken's for a bit in the afternoon then the rest of the night is going to be spent with the crew.

My eyes fluttered open and the realization that it was Christmas hit me immediately. I looked over at the clock which read 8:15, that'll do. "Damiennnnn." I drew out, shaking the man beside me lightly. He eyes eventually opened and upon seeing my smiling face, he smiled in return. "merry Christmas love." he said, sitting up and pulling me in for a kiss. "I can't believe that at this time next year, we're going to have a baby." I said, placing my hands on my stomach. I'm about 10 weeks pregnant now and some of my old clothes have become unwearable so I've had to go shopping for some bigger stuff. What I learned recently is that most maturnity stuff isn't cute so I'm just going to be wearing leggings and baggy shirts for as long as I can. "I need to shower." I groaned, stretching as I stood from the bed. "me too, wanna kill two birds with one stone?" he smirked, raising an eyebrow at me. ".... Fine, come on." I laughed, watching him jump out of bed and run to the bathroom.

(this is a 10 week pregnant belly for anyone who doesn't know how it looks)

"good morning everyone, merry Christmas!" I exclaimed, walking down the stairs

"good morning everyone, merry Christmas!" I exclaimed, walking down the stairs. Damien and I were the last up apparently because everyone else was sitting in the living room watching elf, which is my favorite Christmas movie ever so I'm offended that they're watching it without me. "do you want a coffee?" damien asked as he poured himself a cup. "nah, I should really cut back, caffeine isn't great for the baby so I'm gonna keep it at a minimum." I told him, hopping up on the counter. Soon I'm not gonna be able to get myself up here, this is my favorite place to sit so that's gonna suck. "do you know how I told you I wasn't going to drink alcohol out of celibacy?" he said, leaning back on the counter beside me. "yeah?" I chucked, raising an eyebrow. "I can't make that promise about coffee." he said taking a gulp from the fresh mug of coffee in his hands. I shook my head and shoved him lightly before jumping off the counter. "you ready to go Sof?" I said, pulling on a jacket. She nodded and stood up, walking out the door behind us.

"this next one is for Sydney." Marilyn announced, reading the name off a big box. "you didn't have to!" I gasped, standing up to grab it from her. "of course I did honey, you're part of the family
Now open it, I want to see your reaction." she said, sitting down in her recliner chair. We were all sitting in the living room, Marilyn, her boyfriend, Damiens step sisters family and us. Everyone's gotten Atleast one gift so far, even Sofia. Marilyn gave her some of her old records because Sofia loves old stuff and some new clothes. I ripped open the paper to see  just a regular cardboard box. I ripped the tap off and opened the box to see a faded yellow and white blanket, immediately Damien gasped. "I thought we lost this." he said to his mom, pulling the blanket out of the box slowly. It smelled faintly of dust and baby powder. "we found it in a box in the basement a few weeks ago when we were cleaning and we thought it would be nice for your baby to have." she said, taking a hold of Mike's hand.