Chapter 48

(Hey so up there is what I picture Lucy to look like at this age, except her eyes are a bit of a darker brown, also I just finished writing the last 2 chapter of this story but they're both set in more than a year in the future, if you guys want me to write something to go in between that time I can just let me know what if anything. Ok, enjoy the chapter!)

Its that time of year again! Vidcon, day 2 to be specific and I'm sat at home in my pajamas, Lucy sleeping on my chest with my sister sat beside me as we mindlessly  watched cartoons. I'd just finished breastfeeding Lucy and we ate breakfast, this is how the last 2 days have been. We get up, eat, watch tv then go to bed and repeat. Today is a little different thought, Sofia and I were talking last night and decided to surprise everyone by going to vidcon for the day, not even damien knows. I'm surprised Sofia suggested it, she usually hates big crowds and loud places but she must have know how much I wanted to go. "you ready to go get ready?" I asked her, picking Lucy up off my chest and standing, twisting my body to stretch. "you can shower first, I'll watch Luc then we'll switch." she responded, standing up as well and taking the barely lucid baby from my arms. I nodded thankfully and made my way upstairs, turning in my doorway to see Sofia's back disappear into the nursery, she is going to make a great mother some day.

I showered as quickly as I could, almost sad that I had to get out as I was enjoying the warm water so much but begrudgingly got out, drying my hair and tying it in a low half up half down style like I usually do. "you can shower now, I've got her." I said, walking into the nursery and picking Lucy up out of her crib. Sofia nodded thankfully and made her way to the hall washroom whilst I sat back on the baby chair. I had the baby still sleeping in my lap whilst I pumped a couple of bottles for the day as well as one for the trip there and put them all in the little cooler in the kitchen. By then Sofia was out of the shower and brought all of her stuff to mine and Damiens room so we could get ready together. I made the normal little cocoon on the bed and laid Lucy in it then we got ready in relative silence before grabbing all of our stuff and hitting the road, this next hour is going to be the longest of my life.

Contrary to what I thought, the ride went by in the blink of an eye and before I knew it, we were pulling into the parking lot of the hotel across from the convention center where vidcon was held

Contrary to what I thought, the ride went by in the blink of an eye and before I knew it, we were pulling into the parking lot of the hotel across from the convention center where vidcon was held. I felt the anxiety in my stomach start to bubble, I haven't been feeling the greatest about myself since having the baby, I'm not snapping back as fast as I thought I would and it makes me very insecure. I took a deep breath, loosened my grip on the steering where and turned to face Sofia. "you ready to go into your first ever vidcon?" I asked, smiling widely. "are you ready for your second?" she asked sassily to which I punched her in the arm for. "that's enough you, let's go." I said, stepping out of the car and loading lucy into the push chair. We walked across the street and into a more remote entrance of the convention center.