Chapter 41

Today is a very special day for 2 reasons, the first is that we're filming another episode of Courtney's middle school diary and the other is that it's mine and Damiens one year anniversary! It doesn't feel like a year at all, and that's when you know it's good. Technically our anniversary is Courtney's birthday but we're just going to go by the date of the first time we went out together which was May 21st (fun fact, that's my parents wedding anniversary and my sister was born exactly 9 months later, that's so fun isn't it?). Anyways, everyone but Courtney is excited for this video and its fun because I'm going to be in it I believe, we'll see how today goes. It's weird growing up really close with family members because they treat you more like a friend, let's just say I know a lot more than I should. Hell, I could probably tell you half of these stories off by heart.

We walked into the office and sat down for our regular morning briefing, this time everyone was there when they needed to be *cough* *cough* Ian *cough* *cough*. "Courtney, do you have parts picked out for your diary video?" Matt asked, and everyone turned to look at Courtney as she shuffled through the scripts that she typed up last night. "for the most part yes, I tried to keep it pretty even, we're going to have Ian read a bit, and Sydney is going to be sitting in for olivia because Sydney is Samantha after all." she said, barely batting an eye lash. Everyone looked shocked except Courtney and I, "come on guys, you couldn't have called that one? Also I forget if you included the one where we went out with those guys when you first started high school and we lied to your mom." I asked, taking a quick glance at the papers in her hand. "no! I totally forgot about that one! I'll just put it in the next one." after that we quickly wrapped up the meeting and walked over to set to start today's filming schedule.

I took a seat between Damien and Courtney on the couch and we talked amongst ourselves whilst the crew got everything set up. It's so nice to be on this side of things because usually I'm running around behind the camera. I fiddled with the buttons on my flannel trying to decide if I should hide my bump or not, I mean I know they all know I'm pregnant but being on camera makes me really self conscious. "should I close the flannel or leave it open?" I asked Damien, looking over my shoulder at him. He'd been leaning against the back of the couch, closing his eyes for a moment. He opened his eyes and sat up, staring at me in confusion. "why would you want to hide your bump, it's so cute?" he asked, putting his arm around my waist. "I don't know, I don't want to look bad on camera." I shrugged. "you stop that right now, you look beautiful, you always look beautiful and you're carrying our child, that's something to be proud of not something to hide." he said sounding upset. "you're right baby I'm sorry, I love you." I pouted, "it's ok, don't be sorry, I love you too." he said and gave me a gentil kiss before we were told that they were ready to shoot.

We filmed the intro and Courtney got right into it. "for the crush chronicles, we have Sydney as Courtney." she said looking up at at me. "omg wow you're really just going to throw me right in like that aren't you." I said smiling a wide and very obviously fake smile at her then turned to the camera and mouthed 'help me' because boy am I going to need it. "you know what, we have Ian popping in for a quick monologue too." she said looking up at him as he was off camera. We all ooo'd and clapped for him and he bowed behind camera, what an idiot. "oh you know what, crush chronicles is a bunch of monologues and you're all taking turns doing monologues guys." Courtney looked around at everyone as they got excited for their turn, her eyes met me last and I said a quick 'thank you' to which she just nodded with a wink. "now get out there, make some art." she pointed to the stage area that had set up. I quickly leaped out of my seat and ran up there with my head down, quickly trying to read over my lines so I don't stumble; even though I knew about a lot of these stories in my younger years, I'm not an actor like the rest of these people.