Chapter 25

The day started out like any other. It's been a week since Halloween and everyone was going to the office except for me. I'd finally booked the doctors appointment to check if I was pregnant. For the last week the symptoms I was feeling before had continued. I felt as though all of my senses were heightened, my sense of smell especially. I sat in the room, playing temple run on my phone whilst waiting for the results when I got a call from Damien. "hello?" I said, confused as to why he's on his phone. It's 11 so by now they should be shooting something for games. "Sydney, I'm coming to get you. Defy announced that they went bankrupt today. We have till the end of the work day to get our stuff out before the building is foreclosed with everything in it." he said in one breath, I could hear he was on the verge of tears, I was as well.

"ok, I'll tell the doctor to call me later with the results and I'll be waiting outside." I said, my voice shaking almost as much as my hands were. No no no, this can't be happening. All of us losing our jobs at once is the worst possible thing that could have happened. I would have lost mine 10 times over for them to keep theirs. I'm not as worried about Shayne and Damien as I am the rest of them, they've got traditional acting to fall back on and I know they have some stuff lined up already but that was supposed to be on the side. As I was getting up to leave, my nurse came out of the office with a big smile on her face, "congratulations Miss. Miller, you're pregnant." after that she walked back into the office, leaving there with my jaw on the floor. I snapped out of my trance and walked outside in time to see Damien pill up in his car; I can't tell him, not now anyways.

The drive to the office was mostly silent aside from the quiet low growling emanating from my stomach since I hadn't eaten that day. Once in the office though, the sound of panic was almost deafening. People were quickly packing up their desks and carrying whatever they could of props and costumes towards the elevator. "Sydney!" Courtney yelled from behind me. I turned around in time to have her fall into my arms, sobs wracked her whole body. Shayne followed closely behind, I could tell he'd been crying as well. I mimicked Courtneys position, burying my head in her neck like she had hers buried in mine. "I know court, shhh." I said in a wavering voice as tears started to pour from my eyes. I rubbed her back as we stood there in the middle of the hallway just past the elevators.

"ok I'm fine." she said, pulling away after what felt like forever. I whipped her eyes, causing her to chuckle half-heartedly. She repeated the gesture to me, I didn't realize I was crying that hard until she pulled her hand away and I saw the reminent of my mascara on her thumbs. I wiped my hands on my tights and took her hand, squeezing it. "let's go pack." was all I could say. I felt a hand on my back and looked up to see Damien, I'd almost forgeten that he was here. Along with Shayne, we walked back to the work area and parted ways to go to our respective offices. When I walked in, I saw Sarah and Taylor talking, Taylor was sitting on her desk with her legs crossed Sarah was sitting on her rolling chair at her. They looked at me when I walked in and immediately walked up to me, pulling me into a hug. We stood there like that for a moment before pulling apart and going to our respective desks to clean.

6 came faster than we had hopped. By then, as much props and costumes as we could fit in our cars had been packed, everyone had the box of the stuff from their desks in hand and we were making our way outside. I looked back to see Ian walking the slowest, and in his hands was a box of awards and plaques smosh had one through out the years. He just looked so dead inside. Within a year, his partner had quite and his channel rights had been taken away from him; we don't know how long it'll be till we have smosh up and running again if we ever get it back. We got into the parking lot and started putting the rest of our stuff into cars when we heard Ian clear his throat, causing us all to look it him. "just come by my house at 8 to drop whatever you have off. I've just got to clean out a room for it all." he said, we nodded at his words before getting into our cars and driving away from the building for the last time.

"ok so I was talking to some people from the crew and they think it would be a good idea for all of us to bring something to Ians house tonight, like a potluck just to lift our spirits a bit." I told Courtney over the phone. We got home not long ago and we'd all just been sitting in the living room on our phones, texting anyone from smosh to see if they had any ideas. I've been in the production chat, just talking and seeing how everyone's feeling when Matt brought up the idea. It would be a good surprise for Ian and it would really boost morale. I told the boys and they agreed. Holding in my secret for the last 8 hours has been torture. I should feel happy and I would be on any other day but I just feel like this is really not the right time. I know Damien booked a voice acting roll for a new animated horror movie called 'to your last death' and they just started working on it but I'm still worried.

"ok, Syd just carry the cake in and we'll get the rest." Shayne said, handing me the cake he'd picked up. We were assigned deserts so we sent Shayne out a little early to grab a cake from the store and got something along the lines of 'smosh is a family' which I'm sure earned him weird looks from the employes. While he was gone I decided to tell Damien that i was pregnant. I mean, he deserves to know first since he's the father. "umm, Dames." I said shyly, looking up at him in the mirror. He was laying on my bed while I fixed my face a little but since my under eyes looked like I'd been beat up. "yeah?" he said, looking up at me briefly before turning his attention back to his phone. "the doctors got my results earlier than expected." I said, now completely focused on him.

His eyes shot up to me and he dropped his phone. "I'm pregnant." I said and held my breath waiting for his response. He jumped off the bed and ran to me, wrapping his arms around me tightly before smashing his lips against mine. He pulled away, placing both hands on either side of my face. I'd never seen him so happy. He kissed my lips again and again, causing me to laugh. "babe you have foundation all over your lips." I laughed, running my thumb over his lips, trying to rub it off. "I don't even care! I'm so happy right now. Why didn't you tell me sooner?!" he exclaimed, pulling me to sit down on the bed with him. "today was just so hard for everyone that I just didn't want to draw more attention, I just wanted to let everyone have their last moments in the office. I'm going to tell them tonight, I swear." I said, taking both his hands in mine. "I love you so much." was all he said and leaned in to kiss me once again.

"guys, I have something to tell you all!" I said, standing up from my seat at the big long table we'd set up in Ian's house. We're currently eating the food that we all brought which was tones by the way. The dinner actually felt calm, almost like all of our lives didn't just basically end, people were talking and making jokes like they'd do on any other day; it relaly gave me hope for the future of the company. I reached out for Damien to grab and he did, standing up beside me as well. "we have a very special announcement to make. As you all know, I had a doctors appointment today because I've been feeling off lately and Courtney said something on Halloween that got me thinking..." I started, look over at her to see her drop her fork and turn to me with her mouth wide open. "well, the results came back positive... I'm pregnant." I said, squeezing Damiens hand. The room burst into excitement and the rest of the night was full of congratulations and just general sweetness, maybe this day hasn't been all that bad.

(hey guys! I just finished writing this and updates my planner for this book and the baby is gonna come in like 20ish chapters but by the time I get to that this will probably be uploaded. I want to grr you guys involved somehow so I want you guys to suggest some names! I don't know whether it's gonna be a girl or boy (or both?) so I'd like your opinion on names and I'll pick my favourite(s) and name the baby after that. You guys can comment 1 name or a first and middle if you think there's a good combo, if not I'll just throw together what I think is good. Anyways, thanks for sticking by me throughout this and I don't know how many people will be on this journey by the time this is uploaded but I finished this today and checked and we're at 350 reads so I can't wait to see where this goes. Anyways, bye y'all, love you!)