Chapter 8

Today is an early day, I hate early days. My alarm clock went off at 4:30 and I groaned as I rolled over, repeatedly hitting my phone until it stopped making the dreaded noise. I laid in before for a second, letting my eyes adjust to the very faint light coming through my blinds. I sat up, rubbing my eyes before walking over to the washroom, going pee and washing my face. As I dried my face, Shayne walked in and said am extremely energetic Goodmorning, that was sarcasm in case you didn't catch it. "morning." I mumbled back and walked out of the bathroom. Today were filming 'video game items in real life 3' which is exciting because it's my first. Taylor and the other people on the design team say these are the best days because you get to see all your hard work pay off.

I quickly got dressed into something comfy yet presentable, quickly applied light makeup since I wouldn't be on camera today and topped it off with a hat. I looked at myself in the mirror and gave a quick nod, perfectly mediocre. Lastly, I grabbed my purse and made the walk down the stairs which felt like it lasted forever. When I reached the bottom I saw the boys slipping their shoes on. I threw mine on as well and we walked out of the door, this is going to be one long day.

"Goodmorning everyone." Ian said as he walked into the conference room at 6am right on the dot. We all muttered a Goodmorning back as we were all either exhausted from the week of preparation or in the case of the cast, saving their energy for when they were on camera. "ok so this is how the day is gonna go. The cast and I will stay in here with Ryan going over the lines and set up of each shot till 7 while the creative team will go make sure all of the prop, set and costume pieces are together and set up accordingly. Game, you guys have a normal shooting day, you guys will be playing heroclix and a couple episodes of maricraft. For lunch today we have chipotle which will be here at about 1, we'll have break till 2 then back to set. If all goes well we'll be out of here by 6. Anyone have any questions?" he concluded, looking around the room. We all shook out heads, the plan was pretty standard and straight forward. "ok, let's get to work everyone, we're gonna have a great day." and with that, I stood up from my seat, said bye to my cousin and the boys and headed off the the creative team.

"are you having fun?" Courtney asked me quietly as I adjusted the fur cape on her costume. We were shooting the Skyrim scene and she's up next. "the time of my life man, you don't even know." I smiled at her giddily. This is the last scene before lunch and I'm excited to eat and sit with the whole gang. Every once in a while I'll have a few minutes to sit down and check my phone, I'm mostly getting texts from damien and Mari, talking about the games their playing. "go get em tiger." I giggled, giving her a shove. I smiled like and idiot as I looked around, it's crazy how not even a month ago I was sitting in my crazy ex boyfriends house, crying on the phone and hiding in the bathroom and now I'm here, doing what I love with the people I love. And I really do love all of them, not just Courtney. Sure family love is different hut I've grown so close with all of the cast and crew. Smosh really is a family.

"and cut!" Ryan called on Courtney scene. We all clapped like we usually do and everyone dispersed, making their way to the bathroom, lunch room ect. It was about 10 minutes to one so the squad decided to walk over to games and get them for lunch. As we walked we talked about the scenes we shot so far, "you looked so good in your Samus costume girl." Keith said obviously being flirtatious in a friendly way, throwing his arm around Courtneys shoulder as they walked. Courtney laughed and thanked him as they walked ahead with Noah and olivia. I fell back with a visibly angry Shayne. "are you ok man?" I asked and suddenly he exploded. "I just don't understand why he's always gotta touch her like he has a girlfriend, keep your hands to yourself!" hes exclaimed but the others were already in the games room so only I heard it.

"Woah, where did this come from?" I asked, a little worried as I'd never seen Shayne this angry. "can you keep a secret?" he asked, grabbing my arm to stop me from going into the games room. I nodded and stepped away from the door, crossing my arms over my chest. "I.... I like Courtney." he exhaled, running his hands through his hair. I snickered slightly before I put my hand over my mouth and turned away from him. "what?" he asked, his anger being replaced my confusion. "it's pretty obvious Shayne." I smiled, placing my hand on his shoulder. "can you keep a secret?" I asked him, he nodded his head, still slightly confused. He opened his mouth to speak but closed it when the games room door swung open and out walked, well, everyone. It was like a clown car but a room.

"hey hoooooney." damien said drawing out the o, putting his arm around my shoulder as we walked. "hey buuuuuddy." I giggled, putting my arn around his waist as we walked. This friendly flirtation was a regular thing for us. As much of a nerd he is, he's very flirtatious with just about anyone but it's been very much with lately and I'm definitely not complaining. "I'm starving!" I exclaimed as I slipped out of his grasp and ran to grab a bowl. I filled it with rice, beans, cheese, peppers and corn and grabbed a watter before sitting down. Damien and lasercorn plopped down on either side of me and we all began to eat in a comfortable silence.

"ok that's a wrap everyone. You all did great!" Matt raub called out as we finished the last scene. It was quarter after 6 so we didn't go too far over time. We decided that since tomorrow was a free day for us for the most part, we would clean then and left the set the way it was. I was wiped but also the events of the day had exhilarated me, I can't even discribe the feeling. We made out way back to our respective rooms to get our things. All of games and squad met in the main lobby of the building and said a happy yet tired goodbye. We all went our separate ways and before I knew it we were home. I took a quick shower and fell into bed, falling asleep before my head even hit the pillow.