Chapter 18

Today sucks. How do I always manage to get sick when it's least convenient? It's Thursday, otherwise known as shooting day and I woke up at 3am and ran right to the washroom to throw up. I wish I could call into work but this is like the 1 day where we can't do that since it's kind of all hands on deck so I'm going to have to suck it up. I went very light with the makeup today and just on sweatpants and a tshirt, then grabbed a sweater because with this fever I'm going to be freezing all day. As I walked down the stairs, I threw my hair up in a top knot while trying not to faint and fall over. When I reached to bottom, I saw the guys sitting at the bar and drinking coffee like they did every morning. "morning." I mumbled, my voice hoarse from throwing up.

I walked over to the medicine cabinet to grab some things for the road when I felt someone come up behind me and give me a hug. "we heard you last night babe, maybe you should stay home today." Damien said with concern as he gave me a kiss on the temple. "I wish I could but it's shooting day today. I'll just try and take it easy but if it gets worse, I'll see if Ian will let me off early." I looked over my shoulder at him as i put every anti nausea and headache relieving medicine we had in the house into my purse. "let me just grab a water and we'll go." I said and released myself from his arms before stumbling over to the fridge. "ok let's go but drive carefully, I don't wanna ruin anyone's car." I said taking a small sip of water and instantly feeling it settle wrong in my stomach. Let's get this over with.

"Goodmorning everyone! Jeez you look rough, are you ok Sydney?" Ian said after his usual introduction. "I have the stomach flu." I said, holding onto my stomach and wiping the sweat off my forehead. Damien reached over and started rubbing my back, I gave him a thankful smile before turning my attention back to Ian. "thank you for sticking it out today. Let me know if you start to feel worse and I'll see what I can do about sending you home." he squeezed my shoulder and smiled down at me. I squeezed his hand back before he walked to the front of the room to talk about their 'game plan' for the day. Through most of the speech I kind of just stated off blankly and tried to ignore the bile rising in my throat.

By lunch I'd already thrown up twice, that's 2 times too many for my liking. I went to the hair and makeup girls and they gave me something to take my makeup off because I was sweating it off anyways. So now I'm sitting in the lunchroom with everyone, nursing a cup of tea while everyone is eating Thai food. "Dames, I think I'm gonna go lay down in the squad room for a bit." I said, standing up slowly. "here let me come with you." he said, quickly trying to finish his food. "no babe it's ok," I said placing my hand on his shoulder. "I'll come get you when we're done." Keith smiled back at me as I walked towards the door. I said a quick thank you and I was off to find a couch to sleep on.

"Syd, we've gotta go back to set." Keith said, shaking me awake gently. I opened my eyes and the whole room spun around me. "sorry just give the room a second to stop moving before I sit up." I chuckled weakly and he looked at me with pity. "do you want me to grab medicine from your bag?" he asked and I nodded before closing my eyes again. He passed me the Ziploc and I dug through it, pulling out the pills I needed and threw them back with some water. "ok were good." I said, standing up and he grabbed my arm to help me to the filming room. "were ahead of schedule so we'll all be home by 4." Ian told me as I walked into the room and sat on a chair just behind the camera. I nodded and sat tight, waiting for my que on when to help.

"Sydney, come help me with this." Taylor said struggling with the zipper on Olivia's dress. They were filming 'every homecoming ever' and it was a pretty quick and easy day but I feel worse and worse by the minute. I walked over to olivia and grabbed onto the zipper when suddenly Noah bumped into me, causing to bump into the table, stomach first. That made my insides twist and I felt like I was going to throw up again. My hand flew to my mouth and everyone looked over at me in concern. "shit, sorry Sydney!" Noah said, going to place his hand on my shoulder. Without warning, I turned and ran out of the room and right to the washroom across the hall and threw up everything I'd been holding in since before lunch.

I walked slowly back into the room as they called cut on the last scene and Ian walked towards me to give me a hug. "Ian..." I said as we pulled away from the hug. He said, "yeah" slight confusion in his voice. "I'm so not coming in to work tomorrow." I groaned, making him chuckle. "that's ok, you take all the time off you need, just let me know when you're ready to come back." he patted me on the back and walked back to Matt. "you ready to go home?" Shayne asked as him and Damien walked towards me. "oh God I've never been more ready." I laughed, holding my head as I felt it start to spin again. "ok let's get you home." Damien laughed, throwing his arms around both of our shoulders as we walked out of the room.