Chapter 10

Today is the day; it's Saturday. I've been up for the last 2 hours and I've been too nervous to walk outside. What if I see him? I think I'll throw up. As if he read my mind, Shayne knocked on the door and walked in. He laughed at me as I'm still laying in bed buried in sheets while the only light in the room was emitting from my phone. "he's gone, you can come down and eat." I jumped out of bed excitedly and followed him down the stairs. I decided to make myself a mushroom and asiago omelet with toast because I knew it would keep me full for the next 6 hours when damien came to get me for our date. God that sounds weird.

I talked to Shayne while I cooked myself breakfast and all I could think to myself is that I couldn't think of a better man for my cousin, even if they're not dating I totally ship it. Once I was done cooking, I ate along side him, washed my dishes and went upstairs to take a shower. After my shower I got dressed into some sweats, turned on music and curled my hair. I let the curls settle while I sat in bed and watched some YouTube. At 4 I decided to start really getting ready. I put my hair into a pony tail/updo thing with some pieces in the front. I did my makeup a little darker that usual but kept my signature nude and put on the dress I borrowed from Courtney, it was tight and zipped all the way up the middle. I liked it though because the strippes on the side gave it a sporty vibe. I threw on chunky white heel boots then came a knock at the door.

"who is it?" I called from the bed as I laced my last shoe up

"who is it?" I called from the bed as I laced my last shoe up. "your date is here sweatheart." Shayne called from the other side of the door. I opened the door, confused because I expected Damien. "follow me." was all he said and I followed him down the stairs. In the doorway stood Damien Haas with his hair slicker back the way I like it wearing jeans and a dress shirt holding a bouquet of yellow roses. I know it's cliché but I love flowers and seeing him there at the front door made my heart melt. "you look gorgeous." he said in aww as I walked towards him and took the flowers from his hand. "it's not too much?" I asked, twisting the rings I had on my finger. "not at all, you look perfect." he said and looped his arm around my waist, leading me towards his car. I stopped for a second and handed the roses to Shayne. "put these in water for me, would ya?" I asked and he simply nodded. "thanks dad." I said, giving him a wink and off we went to God knows where.

"keep your eyes closed." Damien yelled, laughing as he saw me peeking through the cracks in my fingers. "but I wanna know where we're going!" I whined causing him to laugh even harder. "well be there in a minute just keep your eyes shut." his laughing died down and he reached beside him and covered my eyes with his own hand. After what seemed like forever, we turned onto a gravel road and shortly after that, we came to a stop. "did you take me into the middle of no where to kill me Damien because if you did we could have spared the drive and did at home in the bath tub." I said, crossing my arms over my chest. "no just shut up and keep your eyes closed." he laughed again, getting out of the car then moments later pulling me out as well.

We walked hand in hand on grass up a slight incline which confused me even more. "ok... And open." he finally said, squeezing my hand lightly. I opened my eyes and once my eyes adjusted to the light I gasped. We were stood on a lush green hill in front of a picnic blanket which held all sorts of snack, wine and in the middle was a Domino's pizza. Off in the distance I could see the Hollywood sign and behind that was the horizon comprised of mountains so far I couldn't distinguish one from another. And just peaking over the top was a slight hint of orange and pink, sun set would be coming soon and we would have a front row seat.  I looked at him and I could tell he was proud of this but not cocky, very Damien.

"it's gorgeous." I said in aww and jumped up, wrapping my arms around his shoulder. When we pulled away I put my hand under his chin and pulled him forward, giving him a kiss on his cheek. "I love it." I said, smiling as he wrapped his strong arms around my waist and returned the kiss on my cheek. "I knew you would." he smiled and we lived in that moment for a while, just looking into each other's eyes and enjoying the others company. Soon after that we sat down and started eating. To make it seem like a fancy restaurant, we put on a classical music playlist on Spotify.

Once we were done eating, we sat and talked while watching the sun set until the sky was black. "wanna take this date back to my place?" he asked, standing out and holding his hand out to me. "you're such a nerd!" I yelled, taking his hand and pulling him down with me. He landed half on top of me half to the side, supported only by his left forearm. I looked into his eyes for a moment, mesmerized by its ever changing colour. The usual hazel was now a rich brown. He moved a strand of hair out of my face and caressed my cheek. Before I knew it, we were both leaning in and in a moment, his lips were on mine and mine were on his. It didn't last very long but the fluttering feeling in my stomach did, well into the night where I laid awake, excited to see him again the next morning.

(hey guys! It's so funny that this was the next chapter to be uploaded since it envolves romance as today, smosh uploaded a video called 'every couple ever' and within the first minutes Shayne and Courtney were making out, like for real. Also I found this lovely video of young Damien... Stripping? Idk watch for yourself it's like the best thing I've ever seen. Anyways, I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, love y'all ❤️)