Chapter 36

Hey guys, I know this is random but before I started the story I just wanted to say that I fully intended on including Damiens cats I just never found a place to write them in, sorry about that lol, anyways back into the story we go.

"where Ian?" Matt Raub thought aloud as he glanced down at his watch. I was sitting in the conference room with the crew as they waited for Ian. They're filming the studio tour today as we are for the most part settled in, I mean it's been a month so of course there's still work to be done but what're you gonna do. Just then Ian walked into the room, juggling his bag and a coffee mug. "sorry I'm late, traffic was crazy coming up here." he apologized setting his stuff down and taking a seat. I sat on the couch with Damien and a few other squad members and we listened to Matt talk about what was on the agenda for the day. When he was done I said bye to the crew and went back to my desk. We're filming 'every workout ever' next week and that requires a gym to film at. My job right now is finding one, Atleast it was till I got to my desk and Nancy offered to do the calling for me since I suck at talk on the phone. I gratefully took her up on the offer and started on the 800 other things I have to do.

About an hour later, the crew came into the main area. "wooooow!" Courtney said, pointing the camera at where our desks are. "this is the main room where people do work stuffs." Ian gestured to us as he drank his Perrier. "we've got some amazing people in this room." Courtney said as they walked towards Nancy who was clearly on the phone. "she loves it when you bother her when she's busy, watch." Damien said and him and Ian walked up to Nancy and started dancing and wiggling and whipping, just generally being white. I kept my head down hoping they could pass me but of course they couldn't leave me alone for a vlog! Damien came over and pulled my chair out from under the desk, making me yelp in surprise. He turned the chair towards the camera and rested his forearms on the back of it. "this right here is my beautiful goose Sydney, as you all know." he said, resting his chin on top of my head.

Courtney handed the camera off to Mari and came and sat on my lap. "and she hates us all right now because she's working on a new main channel video." she explained wrapping her arms around my neck. "you're so right Courtney! I do hate you all right now!" I said in a cheerful voice making them laugh. Courtney jumped off my lap and I tipped my head up to look back at Damien. He gave me a kiss as a silent apology and ran around the other side of the desk to bother Cece who was currently posting a shirtless video of Shayne on the smosh instagram story. After that they decided to go into the editing room and bother some more people whilst I continued to work on the video. Nancy got off the phone after her 4th phone call and turned to me. "we've got a gym booked in Beverly hills between 10am and 3pm." she smiled, "great, thank you so much Nanc!" I said and wrote it down in my book where I keep our schedule for videos.

"so when are you damien going to tie the knot?" she asked, propping her chin up on her fist. "if I'm going to be honest, I don't know. Besides that day I went to the hospital, we haven't talked much about it." I admitted, shrugging it off. "I was just wondering because you guys are super cute and perfect for each other. Damien came into the office a few times when Shayne started working here when he was with his old girlfriend and he didn't look nearly as happy as he does when he's with you." she said making me smile and blush. "were definitely going to get married, I'm just not sure when. Besides I've always dreamed of having a big wedding and those take a long time to plan. I also didn't plan on being a globe when I did it." I laughed, stacking my arms one on top of the other on my stomach. She laughed and just shook her head. "as long as I'm invited, I don't care when it happens."

We worked in relative silence for a while as both of us were listening to music with head phones on. After a few hours she told me she was heading out for lunch before giving me a hug and disappearing into the editing room, probably to see who else wanted to go with her. I put my ear bud back in and continued to work for a few more minutes before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I put my pen down and turned in my chair whilst pulling my earbuds out. "babe, we're headed off to lunch soon, some wait in the cast room with me." Damien said. I simply nodded, got all my stuff in order and took his hand as we walked to the cast room. No one else was in there yet so he flopped onto the couch and pulled me down with him into his lap. "Nancy asked me a really interesting question today." I told him as I ran my fingers through his hair. "what's that Syd?" he asked, his eyes closed completely relaxed from me playing with his hair. "she asked me when we're getting married." I said, feeling slightly nervous about the big 'M' word even though we've already talked about it before. His eyes shot up and he sat up slightly.

"soon babe I promise, I just want to get everything in our lives sorted out before we tie the knot." he said, looking deep into my eyes while rubbing my leg soothingly. " that's basically what I told her. I also don't want to be pregnant in our wedding photos." I laughed, rubbing my ever growing tummy. He placed his hand onto of mine and interlocked our fingers, giving my hand a gentle squeeze. "I think you look gorgeous right now, you always look beautiful to me." he said and pulled me in for a softy yet passionate kiss. We pulled away before things got out of hand, we are at work after all and talked a bit about the podcast that he'd be filming with Ian and Courtney next week, I believe it's the day before we film the gym video, which means I'll basically have the afternoon off since everything will be finished before then. I'm excited to sit in on my first smoshcast, it's going to be great.

About 10 minutes later, the rest of the squad walked into the room. Ian was talking with Olivia and Shayne about the podcast they'd just finished recording and Courtney trailed along behind them, talking to Noah and Keith about the Domino's Mukbang that they were filming later in the week. We left the office, deciding to get lunch from a taco place a couple of blocks over. The walk was pretty quiet but average, small conversations were going on amongst the group but for the most part, nothing too eventful happened. Lunch was kind of the same, we're all so excited to be back to work and mythical is great but the filming schedule has been a bit strenuous on them and the work load for me feels like too much on some days but we're pushing through. I ate slowly, leaning on damien shoulder and dozing in and out of consciousness. Let me tell you, some days this whole pregnancy thing sucks, it can really get to you.

By the time our hour was up, I was completely asleep and only 6 bites into my food. I got a to-go bin and as I was packing up my food, I saw Ian look at me out of the corner of eye. "you feeling ok Syd?" he asked, concern very evident in his voice. "yeah I'm just a bit tired, this little one is really taking it out of me." I said with a half smile, gesturing to my stomach. "how much of your work have you finished today?" he asked, sliding out of the booth. "basically everything I think. Most of the stuff for the gym sketch is already there and whatever extra props that are needed are sorted and waiting for approval from the head set coordinator. Oh and Nancy got us the gym for next week, we have it booked out for 5 hours." I relayed to him, grabbing my stuff and following everyone out of the building. Most of them were a little further ahead, aside from damien who stood beside Ian, handing my jacket and his whilst I packed up leftovers.

"why don't you go home for the rest of the day then, I don't want you feeling sickly at work, especially when you've finished all your work so fast." he said with a smile. "are you sure Ian, I don't mind to stay in case you need something else done." I said, secretly hoping that he'd deny my offer. "no no, we're all good. You go home and relax and I'll see you tomorrow, refreshed and ready to work." he said as we reached the office door. We exchanged a quick hug and after thanking him about a million times, he walked inside leaving me and my boyfriend standing outside the office. Before I could even open my mouth he cut me off. "go grab your stuff, I'll drop you off at home." I told him that I'd be fine to drive and he refused, saying that I could barely stay awake to eat, let alone drive. They had a final read over of the gym sketch to do this afternoon and a costume fitting for a video down the line." are you sure? I don't want to take you away from work." I said and he gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before turning on his heels and walking down the street. "positive, I'll go get the car." and with that, he was gone.

I was home before I knew it, thankfully. I gave Damien a kiss goodbye and stood at the front door as I watched him drive away. The first thing I did was strip down to nothing and took a hot shower. I took my time washing my hair and having a mini concert with the music on my Spotify. I never get to be completely home alone anymore, in fact I haven't been home by myself since I lived with my ex. The thought of him made me shiver. I can't believe I'm just over a month away from my year anniversary since I left him. I'm endlessly thankful to Courtney for never giving up on me and continuing to reach out, even when I ignored her. I hopped out of the shower, got dried off and got into pajamas. I grabbed my left over lunch from the fridge and got into mine and Damien's big bed. I turned on some 'Rick and Morty', ate my lunch and snuggled with the kitty's. Before I knew it, I was in a much needed deep sleep.