Chapter 19

Todays the day, I'm going to finally meet Damiens family and I'm beyond nervous. We're going to their house for dinner at 6 so I get to be nervous all day. This feels exactly like the first time I went on a date with Damien just worse because there's more of them. I spent the day at Courtney's to try and take my mind off of tonight, right now we're doing face masks and she's painting my nails; it feels like we're kids again and I missed it. "what are you planning on wearing tonight?" he asked, not looking up from my hand as she was too focused on the task at hand. "I'm thinking it just wearing plain black jeans and my yellow off-the-shoulder shirt that you like." I explained, watching her work. "with sneakers?" she asked, raising her eyebrow? "absolutely not, heel boots." I laughed, "I'm trying to make a good impression here." she placed my hand on the table and picked up the other one. "just be yourself, if Damien loves you, so will they."

"are you ready?" Damien asked, walking into my room and leaning against the makeup table where I was stood, putting earrings in. "just about." I giggled nervously, trying to stop my hands from shaking long enough to put the last earring in. "hey, don't put so much pressure on yourself, they know a lot about you and they like you already." he said, grabbing my hands and putting them down before grabbing the earring from me and putting it in. "you talk about me?" I asked, smiling at him. "oh, all the time. I'm surprised they're not annoyed yet." he snickered, grabbing my waist and pulling me in for a gentile kiss as I was being careful not to get red lipstick all over him. "ok, now in ready." I exhaled and walked out of the room, shaking my hands to get the nerves out. "that's my girl."

"come in!" a woman's voice called from the other side of the door. We pulled up Damiens parents house 5 minutes ago and I just got the courage now to go in. He walked in first, holding the door open for me as I walked in, looking around in aww. "oh my God, is that you?" I asked, pointing to a picture with a little boy, flexing on the beach. "yup, that's me, I was like 4 there." he said, putting his arm around my shoulder. "I was born 2 months after this was taken." I laughed, leaning in and seeing the date, it was taken the end of August, 1994. "oh there you are!" a blonde woman exclaimed, walking into the hall way. "aren't you gorgeous, you must be Sydney. I'm Marilyn, but you can call me mom." she said pulling me in for a hug which I greatfully accepted.

"come meet everyone, we're in the dinning room." she said, rushing off towards the end of the hall. "we only ever use the dinning table for special events so that's a good sign." he smiled at me. "why, what did your last girlfriend get?" I asked, taking a hold of his hand. "a lukewarm cup of tea at the kitchen table, and my mom didn't even walk us to the door after." he chuckled and led me into the room. Around the table sat 3 people "this is my step sister brittany, her husband Ryan and my nephew Carter." he said, pointing around the table.

"do you need any help in there Marilyn?" I poked my head into the kitchen which was connected to the dinning room. "no thank you sweetie, and when I said call me mom, I meant it. You're part of my family now." she smiled, looking over her shoulder briefly before turning back to a pot on the stove. I walked back to the table and sat beside damien who draped his arm over the back of my chair then leaned in to ask I a low voice. "just relax, you're doing great." I smiled thankfully at him and turned my attention to the rest of the family.

"thank you for having us Mar-mom, it was so nice to meet you." I smiled, giving her one last hug. We'd been sitting on the porch talking for the last hour, Brittney, Ryan and Carter when home about that time ago and we just didn't bother going back inside. "of course honey, you're welcome here any time. And you mister, don't be a stranger." she said, turning to her son and poking him in the chest while she spoke before cracking a smile and pulling him in for a hug. We walked to the car and waved to her as we drove off. "your mom is lovely." I gushed as we turned off the street. "and she raised a great son." I smiled, leaning my head against the back of the chair and looking over at him. "your parents did pretty good with you too." he laughed, glancing over at me briefly before taking my hand in his free one and resting it on the center console. As he drove, we talked about the events of the evening and I couldn't stop smiling. It's a great feeling, to be accepted and for that I was so endlessly greatful.

(shortish chapter, sorry about that but there's a bit of a longer one coming next. Also, weird side note. While I was looking through instagram trying to find his moms name, I found pictures of damien with his old girlfriend who was so pretty btw and I'm about 90% sure her name is Sydney which is such a weird coincidence??)