Chapter 4

"where to first?" olivia asked, starting her car. All of us decided to go so Courtney was sitting pretty in the front while I was in the back between the boys. "let's do Ikea for big stuff then we'll do target." I said, struggling to put my belt on. Damien lightly grabbed it from me and put it in the lock. I laughed and thanked him, blushing lightly. The ride to Ikea was so fun, but nothing could prepare me for the hilarity that would insue when we finally got to the store.

"Court bourt, push me in the cart!" Shayne exclaimed excitedly as he climbed into the cart I was grabbing. Courtney took over the cart and ran off with olivia in tow. I smiled, shaking my head as I watched them. I felt like a mom in that moment, watching my kids fool around in public and not knowing whether to be embarrassed or entertained. "I got one of the big carts because apparently everyone else forgot we were here to get furnature." Damien said, walking up beside me with one of the big flat carts. "thanks dad" I smiled and we set off, following the idiots.

"ok so I got a dresser, side tables, a mirror, Ooo, do you know what I want, one of those clothes hangers, like a closet without the walls! That'd be so cute!" I rambled to Damien who just laughed and nodded along with me. "stop mocking me" I whined, pushing him lightly. "are you guys ready to go, I'm hungry!" olivia groaned as she slowly followed being Shayne who was now pushing Courtney in the cart. The say there, cross legged among fabric organization boxes, a light up mirror for makeup and 2 lamps. Needless to say, she looked like she was drowning in stuff. "we've still gotta pay and go to target, we'll go for dinner when we're done." I told her as I helped Courtney out of the cart to avoid further embarrassment at the register.

"dinner time!" olivia exclaimed, running back to her car when we walked out of target. I bought quite a lot from there, mostly things to bang on my wall but also a carpet, the full size mirror and a chair. There go my savings. I reeeally need to get a job, and fast. "let's let driver pick because she's been asking for the last 2 hours." damien chuckled and he climbed in beside me and closed the door. "well that's so much pressure!.... We're going to lemonade!" she said suddenly, causing us to laugh. She put the car in drive and off we went.

"ok! Who wants to help me out my furniture together!" I exclaimed, putting the last box on the mattress which was now in the bed frame. "ugh!" everyone groaned at once. "thank you!" I smiled, skidding the box then held my side table towards then and started opening the dresser box. For the next few hours we just blasted music and put everything together. By 10 all of the furniture was set up, and my bed was made. "I'm honestly so tired, I'll just put all my shit in drawers tomorrow." I sighed as I laid back on the bed between the girls, "God this is comfortable!" Courtney laughed and her and olivia stood up.

" I sighed as I laid back on the bed between the girls, "God this is comfortable!" Courtney laughed and her and olivia stood up

"Were gonna get going, if you need anything ok my, ok Syd?" she asked, stretching and reaching for her bag on the floor

"Were gonna get going, if you need anything ok my, ok Syd?" she asked, stretching and reaching for her bag on the floor. I nodded and stood up, wrapping my arms around her tightly. Her and olivia hugged everyone else before Shayne walked the out. "for one days work, it looked really nice in here." damien said, fidgeting with the building instructions that were left on my dresser. "yeah it does, I'm exhausted. Come sit down for a second." I said, sitting back down on my bed and patting the spot beside me. He smiled thankfully and took my offer. We sat in silence for a few minutes until I heard shayne turn on the shower. "I seriously can't thank you enough for letting me live here, it lifts a huge weight off my shoulders." I said, looking at him out of the corner of my eye.

His cheeks were always a little pink but they seemed to flush when I spoke. "of course, we weren't going to let you move in with a stranger or live on Courtney's couch." he laughed, turning to look at me finally. "I'm gonna head to bed, if you need anything, I'm just down the hall." he patted my leg as he stood. I nodded up at him. "goodnight Damien." I stood and hugged him. I felt weirdly relaxed in his embrace. "goodnight Sydney." he said, his voice slightly hushed. He separated and I watches him walk out of my room. Why do I wish he'd stayed?