Chapter 24

"are we seriously going to try and go trick-or-treating." Courtney laughed, putting down the eyeshadow pallet and brush she was holding. "Uhh, hell yeah, who doesn't want free candy?! And the party at the crew house doesn't start till 9 anyways so we have time to kill." I snickered, looking up at her in the mirror. "you're an idiot." was all she could say whilst shaking her head. After that we continued to do our makeup in silence, only accompanied by the music quietly playing off Spotify in the background. We were listening to Halloween movie soundtracks to get into the spooky mood. Right now 'this is Halloween' which in my opinion is the perfect song to get you into the Halloween spirit.

"so a pink lady eh?" I asked, she was wearing a poodle skirt with the jacket over top and cat eye glasses. "so, Cinderella eh?" she asked, looking down at the blue dress and heels. "I'm so glad we have a more dressed down version of this tonight because I'd be miserable in these shoes." I laughed, clicking them together like Dorothy. We grabbed the plastic trick or treating bags we bought at target yesterday and made our way downstairs to find the boys playing Mortal combat. "I will beat you one day." Shayne said, groaning as he slammed his remote down on the coffee table. "yeah that's what you think." Damien laughed.
"ok guys were gonna go trick-or-treating around the block, we'll be back in half an hour." I said, looking back at the clock and seeing that it was already 7:30. That should be enough time for us to come back, change and get to the crew house by 9.

"ok, have fun. Don't eat any until we check it for razor blades." Shayne joked, leaning his head on the back of the couch to look up at us. "ok dad." Courtney and I said at the same time and made our way to the door. "left or right?" I asked as we stood at the end of the driveway. "mmm, how about left." she said and off we went to the house just to the left of us. I knocked on the door and stepped back, soon after we heard foot steps approach the door. "trick-or-treat!" we said as the door opened to reveal Mrs.Flemmings. She chuckled when she saw us dressed up. "don't you girls look nice." she said, taking a handful out of the bowl and dropping it in our bags. "thank you." we said in unison and made our way to the next house. Hopefully everyone has that reaction when they say 2 fully grown woman trick-or-treating.

 Hopefully everyone has that reaction when they say 2 fully grown woman trick-or-treating

"you ready?" Courtney asked as she tapped her foot by my bedroom door. We got back from trick-or-treating not long ago and had to get changed. She basically had to do the same about of stuff, you know, putting on pants and a shirt but I just happen to take longer... Like always. "yeah I'm ready." I groaned as I struggled to do up my jeans. "why are these so tight." I let out a groan. "maybe you're pregnant." Courtney laughed for a second and I just glared at her, her laughing died down suddenly. "you guys have been using protection right?" she asked, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow. "well yeah... Except that 1 time." I said and before I could even finish the sentence she slapped me on the arm. "you're such an idiot! Why didn't you use protection!" she nearly shouted. "i don't know, it's was really heat of the moment and we just forgot." I mumbled, feeling like I was being scouleded which I was. "well maybe when I kill you it'll also be heat of the moment now let's go."

"you guys made it!" yelled Sunny as he threw the door open. We all said hello, giving him hugs and 'bro shakes' and all that jazz before making our way in. It was mostly smosh people but we also had some people from the valleyfolk. I instantly made my way over and jumped on Elliott's back. "happy Halloween!" I exclaimed, letting go to give him a normal high before doing the same to everyone else. Ever since I met them not long into working at smosh, we've gotten very close, especially Lee and myself. She reminds me a lot of Sarah in that she's somewhere between a mother figure and a cool older sister. I sat down on the couch with them and began talking before Damien joined us. We both decided not to drink tonight since we had such bad hangovers from vidcon. It's good to give it a rest sometimes.

"oh my God can we watch scary movies?" Mari said as everyone made their way to the couch. We've been here for about an hour now, just chilling, talking about work and picking at the huge table of snacks. Matt raub brought everyone into the living room to make an announcement. "we can watch some movies after I talk to everyone. I've been talk to the high up's at defy and they say that their numbers after doing so well. The talent for the lost part won't be affected with the recent leaving of Flitz, Boze and Sohinki but I can't speak much for crew and production." he said, making brief eye contact with me before meeting the eyes of a couple other crew members.

"I can't go through another job lose. I've just started to break even and catch up on payments if missed when I lost my last job." I said, starting to feel anxiety bubble up in me. "we won't let this happen, we'll have to take some pay cuts but we will keep everyone on the team where they are. We protect our own." he said, looking to me with a sad smile. "that's all I wanted to say. I didn't want to scare anyone but I just want to prepare everyone in case something happens. We can't predict the future but we can be ready for the worst. So for today, everyone eat drink and be marry." he said, raising his glass in a toast. "for tomorrow we die." Shayne mumbles causing a few of us to snicker, though it wasn't necessary a happy one, it was more cynical.

"do we wanna go animated or no?" I asked no one in particular as i scrolled through Netflix. "I'm feeling animated, can we watch paranorman! I haven't seen that movie in forever!" olivia shoulder out, her and Sam were currently laying amongst all the the pillows and blankets they had in the house. Most of the party guests who wanted to watch the movie were down there as they only had 3 couches. "start it without me." I said tossing the remote onto Damiens lap and jumping up from the couch, running to the washroom. "oh my God what if I'm pregnant?!" I whispered yelled to myself as I sat there on the toilet. I mean my clothes have been fitting kind of tight, my back and ankles always hurt, I have to pee every 5 seconds and I'm always hungry. "calm down Sydney, just book a doctors appointment next week to find out I'm sure everything will be fine." I said out loud and left the bathroom.

"does anyone want anything?" I yelled into the living room from the kitchen, grabbing myself a plate. "get me chips babe!" Damien called out. Before I could respond Ian yelled "yeah babe can you get me some chips." in a mocking man voice. A few others called out the same thing, laughing to each other. I brought all the bags that were on the table into the living room and dispersed them. "thanks babe!" said Keith who was the last to get a bag. "you guys are all idiots." I said with a laugh and walked back out to get my own stuff which was mainly just sweets because that's all I've wanted lately. I plopped down in my original spot, throwing my legs over Damiens lap and leaned against his shoulder as he throw his arm around my waist.

As I sat there watching the movie, I began to get a little emotional. Just looking around and see everyone talking, goofing off and just having a good time. I felt myself tear up at the thought of not being with the anymore. I've formed such a strong bond with each and every single one of them in different ways, they all add something to my life. Whether it be the obvious ones like growing closer with my cousin than we'd been in years and meeting the love of my life to the unexpected stuff like the father-daughter relationship I have with Joe to the sisterly bond I formed with Taylor and the motherly role I fill in Noah's life. I wouldn't be the same without them and I'm so thankful for how they've helped me grow as a person. Even Matt Raub.