The Aftermath of the Betrayal (Prologue Part 3)

(Past, A Month After)

"Apollo, wake up."

"Apollo, wake up!"

"Apollo!"

As the voice gradually gets louder and louder, the eyes of the child slowly flutter awake. 

 "What... Happened? Where am I?"

The child, covered in broken clothes and bruises, slowly rises up from where he laid. Looking around in confusion, the child mutters to himself.

"Why can't I... remember a thing...? What... happened...?"

Looking down at his body, the child's eyes pop wide open in shock.

"What the-!? Why do I... look like this!?"

And soon after, the feeling of pain strikes the boy.

"AHHHHH!!!"

The boy then shuts his eyes as he tries to hold in the pain. The pain slowly dwindles away, and when the boy re-opens his eyes, he hears a voice.

"Hunny! He's awake!"

It was a voice that belonged to a woman. 

"M-Mom...?"

And sure enough, soon after, a manly voice booms through the room.

"The boy's awake!? Wait, I'm coming!"

From the corner of the child's eye, he notices a woman standing by the doorway. The woman, clearly in her high 40s, walks inside the room alongside a buff man. The man's body looked to be younger in age than the woman, but his face was scruffier and older than the average adult.

"Ah, so it seems that the young lad has awoken. How are you feeling?"

The boy, completely confused with what's transpired, looks at both adults cluelessly.

"Uhh, umm..."

"C'mon, don't be shy! We won't bite you."

The boy then slowly scoots to the edge of the bed away from the two adults. Seeing this, the man laughs.

"Hahaha! Look, he's scared of us! Poor little thing."

"Shush, Tony! You're scaring him!"

The woman then comes closer, but this makes the child back all the way to the edge of the bed.

"Come on sugar, we're not going to hurt you. We're peaceful, so please trust us."

Seeing this, it made the child calm down. Slowly, the child scoots back to his original spot.

"Ah, there we go! He's trusting us now!"

"Uh- Err..."

"You know how to speak, right?"

The child nods.