Redemption (Chapter 10 Volume 1)

---------------

(Timeskip, Forever Fall Forest)

Glynda: Yes students, the Forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sightsee. Professor Peaches has asked you all to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure that none of you die while doing so.

Currently, you were all walking behind Glynda as she tours around the forest of Forever Fall. 

The forest was very beautiful... and also very red. You turned your attention towards Ruby, a huge smile on her face. It wasn't rocket science as to why she loves this place.

 Behind you, you could see Ren, Nora, and Pyrrha, but no sign of Jaune, which causes you to exhale deeply. 

When you searched for Jaune, you couldn't find any traces of him. From the roof, the outside buildings, the library, he wasn't there. 

???: Oh! 

Turning around, you saw that it was none other than Jaune at the back of the line. The blonde was carrying some glass jars and a box. He'd had bumped into Cardin, who only gave him a glare. Jaune then whistles away to detract the tension.

But, it was very, very obvious to what the problem was here.

"Why is he... with Cardin...?"

Connecting the dots, you narrowed your eyes at Cardin out of anger.

Glynda: Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, the forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates.

Y/N: "Ugh, she sounds like Lysandra whenever I'm playing with the kids at the village..."

Glynda: We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!

You then watched as Ruby and Yang gave each other a nod, so you knew that they will be working together. Looking like another solo job for you, you went off alone to get working. 

But, before you could set up on a tree, you noticed Jaune getting dragged off by Cardin towards the woods. Seeing as he was in trouble, you walked over to Weiss for help.

Y/N: Hey Weiss? I got a favor to ask of you.

Weiss: It better be worth my time.

Y/N: I need you to fill both jars for me.

Weiss: And why should I do the dirty work for you?

Y/N: I got a sneaking suspicion Cardin's up to no good again, and it involves Jaune. I... hope you understand.

Weiss: Ugh! Fine... here.

Weiss lends her hand for your jars, and you gave her a smile. 

Y/N: Thank you!

You then walked off to where Cardin had dragged Jaune to. Walking along, you found yourself in the deep end of some trees. Before long, you heard a commotion from up ahead.

Behind a tree, you could see Sky, Dove, Russel, and Cardin sitting down by some rocks. Spying on them for some time, Jaune eventually comes in with 6 bottles, all full with red sap. 

Struggling for his life, he drops all 6 bottles on the ground. Wanting to stay hidden, you jumped up and climbed up a tree to spy on them. You then heard their leader start talking.