The First Night (Chapter 3 Volume 1)

---------------

"Hey guys, I found the road!"

Looking at the road ahead, you could see a massive foyer at the end of the road. Wordlessly, the three of you enter the building.

Once you entered the foyer, you saw that the building was jam-packed with entries. You then noticed from the corner of your eye a certain blondie waving to you three.

Yang: Hey Y/N, Ruby, over here! I saved you guys spots!

Ruby: Oh! 

She turns to you both.

Ruby: Hey, I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony, Jaune! C'mon Y/N!

Y/N: Actually, I'd like to stay with Jaune. After all, he probably needs some company. Tell Yang for me, alright?

Ruby: Oh... I see. I'll catch both of you after the ceremony then.

Ruby then walks over to Yang and tells her, to which then Yang gives you a thumbs up. You gave her a thumbs-up back before finding a spot with Jaune.

After finding an open spot, Jaune taps your shoulder.

Jaune: Umm, Y/N, you don't have to do this.

Y/N: Why not?

Jaune: (Aggresively) I mean, you can go with them... if you want. I'm fine on my own.

Looking at Jaune, you were confused to see him look oddly upset. You then let out a sigh.

Y/N: Hey man, you can't be too lonely. You gotta make friends, it's something that I'm trying to do. 

Jaune: Huh?

Y/N: My father always told me that staying isolated will get you nowhere. You fall in that pit, there is no climbing out. Unless you want these 4 years to have no social activity, then you gotta branch out. Simple as that.

Jaune: That's not what I mean. It's just... why are you staying with me all the time? You stayed with me during the... ahem, "Vomit-Boy" incident, and now you're staying with me again?

Y/N: Oh... 

You took a moment before answering his question.

Y/N: Look Jaune, I don't look at you as a lonely person that needs someone to accompany, alright? I've always wanted a friend that was my gender.

Jaune: Same as your gender? You had no guy friends back there?

Y/N: Well, of course I do! But... They were all under my age group...

Jaune: O-Oh...

Y/N: Back at my place, all my friends were way younger than me, so I never really had a friend that's as mature as me. That's all.

Jaune: Oh... I see. S-Sorry, then... I thought that you thought of me as weak.

Y/N: It's fine! I understand where you're going with this. I used to also think the same way, you know? But, even so, you should relish the times when you're with someone, no matter what circumstance it may be.

Jaune: Yeah, got it. Thanks, Y/N.

Y/N: No problem.

Ending the conversation, you looked over to where Ruby and Yang were. Oddly enough, you noticed that the girl from before, Weiss, was arguing with them yet again.

Y/N: Oh, for god's sake...

Rolling your eyes, you walked over to the three. You then watched as Weiss gave Ruby on what you assume was a pamphlet.